Thread: Articles section

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Articles section

We now have an articles section as an experiment. This is sort of like a monthly newsletter, only it can be updated at any time, will show up in search results, allows comments, and new articles and comments show up in What’s New. We may also move chat transcripts and their comments to this section.

Currently, only I can add articles. We should discuss if we want to open it up so that anyone can add articles, anyone with a specified post count, or a few volunteers.

Comments can be added by anyone, same as with the blogs. Please feel free to add your comments to articles. Also suggestions are welcome on format, or even if we need such a section at all.

RSS feeds are available for each subsection, or for the entire set of articles. Look for the orange RSS buttons.

To see the articles section, click AP News on the navigation bar.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Looks good, I think anyone should be able to post articles, as long as they're relevant. And some sort of minimum post count to stop the spammers.

The page looks very good Norm! It is easy on the eyes.
    I see it as a tremendous resource for all.
    Life is short so hit it hard!

I like it. Especially like the "recent posts" section!

muffdiver

Liking the new article section. Didn't see this one there but thought it was hilarious: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/ny...-machines.html
    NY Times writeup about people messing up slot machines in Queens.

Well done Sir! Also agree that users should be allowed to post articles, as long as predetermined post-count is reached. Ultimately, you and the man behind the curtain will have the power to delete and block spam, etc.

Very nice job!

Blog Entries

OK, anyone with five posts can now add an article. Instructions can be found at: http://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sho...=8592#post8592. A link to the instructions can also be found in the AP News Welcome Box.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse