Thread: New Learner: Trackjack

New Learner

New Learner: Trackjack

Hello,

I'm fairly new to blackjack and counting. I have a question: I've been looking at Trackjack and was wondering if someone can tell me what is considered a "good" game in terms of the % disadvantage. What's considered "fair" and what's considered "poor"? If I am at a -0.70% disadvantage, is the game "beatable"? Thank you.

Count of Montecristo

Count of Montecristo: Re: Trackjack

> Hello,

> I'm fairly new to blackjack and counting. I
    > have a question: I've been looking at
    > Trackjack and was wondering if someone can
    > tell me what is considered a
    > "good" game in terms of the %
    > disadvantage. What's considered
    > "fair" and what's considered
    > "poor"? If I am at a -0.70%
    > disadvantage, is the game
    > "beatable"? Thank you.

-0.70% is a little tough to beat. If you're playing shoes, look for -0.30 to -0.50 range with good penetration.

New Learner

New Learner: Re: Trackjack

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me what's a good range for single and double decks?

> -0.70% is a little tough to beat. If you're
    > playing shoes, look for -0.30 to -0.50 range
    > with good penetration.

hilofan

hilofan: Re: Trackjack

Definitely less than -.3 for single decks unless you are playing in Reno with good pen(at least 65%) and a 4 to 1 spread and less than -.5 for double deck unless you are getting pen of around 75%. This brings up a question: Does anyone know what kind of pen you would need to beat a Reno rules DD with a 1-8 spread and maintain a 1 to 1.5% edge?

Parker

Parker: Off-the-top edge

> Thanks for the info! Can you tell me what's
    > a good range for single and double decks?

A single deck game with typical rules (dealer hits soft 17, double any first two cards, no double after split) has a house edge of .18% A typical double deck game (same rules except double after split allowed) has a house edge of .40%

Keep in mind, however, that the off-the-top house edge is only one paramater for judging a game, and not even a particularily good one.

There is an old saying that "Good penetration will overcome bad rules" and it is true to a large extent.

Also, some rules, such as surrender, are much more beneficial to card counters than to a basic strategy player.

The best way to evaluate a game is by SCORE, as described in Chapter 11 of Blackjack Attack, 2nd edition, by Don Schlesinger.

methodman

methodman: Re: reno

> do you have at least 10 k to absorb the huge swinbgs you are going to take. sd has larger swings,otherwise you will be broke fast.

point is the real pros play dd,6dk,,when its good it lasts longer