Thread: JR: I18 and Fab 4??

JR

JR: I18 and Fab 4??

I have seen references to these 2, but don't know what they are. I am new to counting but am trying to learn Hi-Lo and was wondering if the I18 and Fab 4 would be beneficial? I do know that they are variations of BS but can't seem to find them specifically. Please help.

Parker

Parker: Illustrious 18

> I have seen references to these 2, but don't
    > know what they are. I am new to counting but
    > am trying to learn Hi-Lo and was wondering
    > if the I18 and Fab 4 would be beneficial? I
    > do know that they are variations of BS but
    > can't seem to find them specifically. Please
    > help.

The I-18 ("Illustrious 18") are simply the 18 most important deviations from basic strategy (based on the count), as developed by Don Schlesinger and described in chapter 5 of his book, Blackjack Attack, 2nd Edition."

Prior to this groundbreaking work, conventional wisdom held that it was necessary to learn a hundred or more indices in order to effectively use a counting system. Don proved mathmatically that using just 18 index numbers would get about 80% of the gain possible from use of strategy deviations.

The "Fab 4" are simply the four most important surrender indices.

All of this serves to illustrate why Blackjack Attack is a must-have for anyone serious about advantage play. It can be ordered from the online catalog (link above). It's even on sale. :-)

(Suggestion: Print out a copy of the online catalog page describing the book and leave it where your Significant Other or a family member will find it. Only 14 shopping days until Christmas!)

Electric Kid

Electric Kid: Link to Illust 18

See link below. Now you don't have to buy the book. On second thought you better buy the book too, alot of other goodies in it.

JR

JR: Re: Link to Illust 18

> See link below. Now you don't have to buy
    > the book. On second thought you better buy
    > the book too, alot of other goodies in it.
    Thanks...much appreciated...and yes, I probably will buy the book but just not quite yet...I'm still waiting to receive 'Professional Blackjack'
    from Amazon in the mail and will go from there. For the time being, still trying to piece things
    together and develop a 'game plan'.