See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to shake off greedy dealers

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to shake off greedy dealers

It is never enough toke for some dealers.Should i just avoid them?What if i just dont tip them and dont cARE about their reaction.What i m saying is after a few good wins,the dealer want tokes as if they are the cause for me to win.What are some of our members's thought on this?

Banned or Suspended

If they are flat out tip whores complain to Managment, PRONTO and in front of the dealer.

If you have a "fine" dealer I suggest take them along for the ride when you are making moves, that can be very positive EV.

Ouchez

I do not feel that way though.Does not seem nice to engage the dealer head on ,but rather use indirect tactic.I already feel the pit is sort of onto me.

Don't respond at all, don't tip, and in future do not communicate with them at all beyond the necessary hit / stand decisions and 'hey!' when they make a mistake you need to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Don't respond at all, don't tip, and in future do not communicate with them at all beyond the necessary hit / stand decisions and 'hey!' when they make a mistake you need to rectify.
    The best way to deal with such a dealer is not to play at his or her tables. I have seen such type. In their mind, they have determined not to see you win if you don't pay their fair share. Once I had the first card ten and the second card was supposed to another face card. The dealer threw it to the next player because he saw I could have 20 on my big bet. Since PA rules saying that you can't backtrack cards, he had to call the pit boss and then draw another card from the deck. The dealer was legally reducing the winning odds for the players they hate. The dealer will also yell out any unusual play like "Double soft 18 against 2" or "check play" even you just raise from $25 to $100. Well, he will let you know he is onto you. Better pay him or he won't shut up.

And it could get worse. Even you pay him, he might think it is too late or too little and continues being a nuisance to you.

Thanks for both bj genius and T 3's advice .Hope you do not mind I changed your handle to T3 seems better to me. LOL.!!!OOps and Meistro123,That is sort of something I was looking for that somebody ha s similar thoughts .All of you guy's advice are very valuable and constructive.I am happy todaycause I have comraderes (spelling?)that helps me on this journey of trying to be an AP.,even if it is small-time chicken feed.

I would like to ask ,what is some of our member's opinion on tipping.It gets into our ev a great deal if it is half of our min bet in an hour.SW SAID counters average only about 1.5 min bet / hr .If we give half a min bet /hr .that means we gave 1/3 of our ev to the dealer!!!All those extra indices would not help.Forget about learning 60 I can accept 10more indices ,one simple gesture would ruin it .I can accept giving 10% of my ev ,but 1/3!!!!!In an hour ,i see a rotation of about 3 dealers!!!!and i can only afford $1.5 for 10% ev after expense.Even if i give away 3-4 dollars in an hour .dealers are still not happy!!! In their mind i would be a cheap bastxxx!!!!! I often see idiots bet 20$ and put $1 tip for many hands ,and $100 bet with $5 bet for dealers .These idiots just lose all their $$$ most of the time.Once in a while they would walk away a winner .

Banned or Suspended

I don't tip except in rare instances, which I am not going to go into. To be honest, I am uncomfortable about this aspect of my play, because it is not who I am. I am a pretty generous tipper to most people that I feel deserve a tip in life. But, I just have not figured out a way to tip at the blackjack tables without significantly cutting into my earnings.

Case in point: I sit down at a 6 deck game with 2 other players. Half way through the shoe, the count rises and I begin to bet bigger and I am fortunate enough to be doing well. This is the point the dealer expects a tip. Now lets look at the numbers. I am spreading $25-$400 on this game and have an expected win of about $70 per 100 hands player. Now for this 6 deck shoe which is deal to 5 decks, I can expect 24 rounds. So my expected win is less than $20. So if I tip a single $5 tip, I have given away more than 25% of my expected profit. And being that the count has risen and I am betting the upper range of my spread, any tip of less than $5, like say a couple white chips, will be looked down on, worse than if you had tipped nothing. So from the dealers view, I am betting several hundred a hand, won 4 figures and didn't tip. From my view, I had an expected win of $17 and didn't tip.

Disclaimer: These number and spread are for a fictitious player and don't depict any real person, place or thing.
    Last edited by KJ; 07-12-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: disclaimer

Banned or Suspended

KJ,

They should EXPECT nothing, as they are normally doing nothing to help us win money but expect us to lose money. I do tip at times but for purely selfish reasons. (I am a sucker for a hot female dealer, even an older nice lady, but that doesn't mean I won't tip a Guy, Transgender, Gay or Lesbian, or even an Alien).

If you don't feel like tipping keep on keeping on,,,I can fully appreciate your argument.

Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Minuscule but frequent tokes are more effective then larger less frequent tokes.

One who tokes is a lot less likely to be backed-off because the floor person / dealer

do not want your action to vanish !

he saw you were getting a ten and purposely ruined my hand? I'd get that ten or they would get a law suit immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    he saw you were getting a ten and purposely ruined my hand? I'd get that ten or they would get a law suit immediately.
    The problem is that you can't prove the dealer did it "purposely". And PA rules said they don't backtrack the cards so the standard procedure is that after every other player get his or her second card, the dealer draws your second card. Most of the times the pit boss let players decide if they want to play their hands or not. But it happened to me a few times that the pit boss saw I got 15 or 16 on my big bet, he did not offer the table that opportunity. Some ploppies did protest, saying other pit bosses let them choose to play or not. But these kinds of decisions are made on the fly. More experienced pit bosses saw there are AP at the table, they often said continue to play.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I would like to ask ,what is some of our member's opinion on tipping.
    I won't tell you what you should tip. I let you to figure it out. But I can tell you something from my experience.

I play most at $25 minimal table but sometimes I play at $10 or $15 minimal table if my preferred dealers are at those tables. I can tell you 99.9999% of people playing green chips don't tip until they finish playing and most of the times only if they won. That number drops to 90% or even lower for red chip players. I often saw someone bet $10 for him/herself and $5 for the dealer. And these people didn't last long at table.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast