dealer"s 2or3
    any views?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: hitting on 12 or 13 vs dealer 2,3,4

> i play in a.c. &
    > have been hitting on 12 versus the
    > dealer"s 2or3
    > any views?

Not sure what you mean by "views." Hitting is the correct basic strategy. I assume you're not a counter.

You also mentioned 13 vs. 2, 3, and 4 in your question, and, again, if you're not counting, BS is to stand on all of those, and also on 12 v. 4.

Don

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: Re: hitting on 12 or 13 vs dealer 2,3,4

I recently had a dealer tell me (and the table) that I made a "terrible" play when I hit my 12 vs his 4. He pointed out that I would have taken his bust card, etc. The Hi Lo TC was +2, so it was a no-brainer, but he did manage to piss off the other ploppies at the table and make my life a bit less comfortable for a few minutes. Of course, I just interpreted this as the dealers way of saying "please don't ever give me another tip ever again, and also please point out any errors that I make directly to the PB instead of quietly saying something to me if you see that I am starting to make an error".

I know this is the wrong course of action on my part, but his smug little attitude really pissed me off, especially since he probably has no idea of the EV of the two plays and the fact that they are extremely close off the top (i.e. there are much more "terrible" plays made all the time).

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: hitting on 12 or 13 vs dealer 2,3,4

> I recently had a dealer tell me (and the
    > table) that I made a "terrible"
    > play when I hit my 12 vs his 4. He pointed
    > out that I would have taken his bust card,
    > etc. The Hi Lo TC was +2, so it was a
    > no-brainer, but he did manage to piss off
    > the other ploppies at the table and make my
    > life a bit less comfortable for a few
    > minutes.

You hit, or you stood? What are you implying is the "no-brainer" here???

Don

Parker

Parker: Huh?

If indeed you "hit my 12 vs his 4," and the "Hi Lo TC was +2" then I would say that, at the very least, you owe the dealer an apology (and perhaps a tip).

:-)

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: Sorry about the typo, TC was -2

I use 0 as the Hi Lo index for 12 v 4. The count was -2 (RC and TC since we were 1/2 way through a DD). I seem to have more QC on my game than on my typing.

I actually thought about this yesterday afternoon after I posted the message (one of those cases where I was thinking "I didn't type plus two did I"). I almost sent an e-mail to Parker, but then decided that I couldn't possibly have been that stupid.... guess I was wrong. Sorry about the confusion.

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: Re: Huh?

> If indeed you "hit my 12 vs his
    > 4," and the "Hi Lo TC was +2"
    > then I would say that, at the very least,
    > you owe the dealer an apology (and perhaps a
    > tip).

> :-)

Actually, if I really thought that the correct play with a TC of +2 was to hit, then I would probably be best served by giving up the game and just handing my money straight to the PB. At least that would save some time :-).

freddy b

freddy b: Sorry Don, you are wrong re 12 v. 4 in some cases

> Not sure what you mean by "views."
    > Hitting is the correct basic strategy. I
    > assume you're not a counter.

> You also mentioned 13 vs. 2, 3, and 4 in
    > your question, and, again, if you're not
    > counting, BS is to stand on all of those,
    > and also on 12 v. 4.

> Don
    Actually you're wrong about the 12 v. 4 depending on the circumstances if it's less than 8 decks. In 6 decks or more, if it's a 10,2 (as opposed to an 8,4 or 7,5, or 9,3, yo should actually hit. It;s called a composition dependant hand and there are a few even at 6-deck shoes (like not surrendering an 8,7 against a 10). Go to http://www.gamblingtools.net/bj/ppbj.html to test it out.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Sorry Don, you are wrong re 12 v. 4 in some ca

> Actually you're wrong about the 12 v. 4
    > depending on the circumstances if it's less
    > than 8 decks. In 6 decks or more, if it's a
    > 10,2 (as opposed to an 8,4 or 7,5, or 9,3,
    > you should actually hit.

Where you wrote "In 6 decks or more," above, I assume you meant to write, "In 7 decks or fewer."

> It's called a
    > composition dependent hand and there are a
    > few even at 6-deck shoes (like not
    > surrendering an 8,7 against a 10). Go to
    > http://www.gamblingtools.net/bj/ppbj.html to
    > test it out.

Thank you for teaching me about what composition-dependent basic strategy means. :-)

In the meantime, I think our original poster, who was asking about AC games, is likely not to be playing in the high-rollers' pits, where the 6-deck games exist. Since he plays 8-deckers, let's not confuse him with c-d BS and let's leave well enough alone with t-d BS, OK?

Don