Thread: Ouchez: I will no longer double 11 in big counts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ouchez

Ouchez: SR, I just view it as a conundrum

but the "great scobee" says I should hit it so I guess I will.

scobee 1

scobee 1: A conundrum

> but the "great scobee" says I
    > should hit it so I guess I will.

'Double It!' ...hitting it is a given.

Now those twelves require you have an accurate count... I will leave the doubling of twelves to the originator of 'Attacking the Shoe in a Negative Count.' Personally, I like to do whichever play is most likely to fluster the ploppies at the table...especially if I am on third base. If I can get rid of a couple of players I can increase my EV with more hands per hour while giving up only a minimum bet that has little probability of winning anyway.

I would suggest you think about playing two boxes as the outcome of each hand then becomes a little less lethal...especially since you are taking on the great games of the UP. But you are already playing two boxes, if I remember correctly. Milkman once told me that he could tell what was coming when he had Aces to split...and he didn't mean face cards.

Selective memory is a seductive but unstable mistress. I suggest you stick with the math and leave the divining to the preachers and ploppies.

The best advice here is to keep an ace side count since the game is only double deck. You might find that more information will help you stay cool, calm, and collected.

Of course, those Aces will always come up when you need them the least. What hacks me off is when the dealer has a natural against your two max bet twenties and you don't even get a chance to insure.

scobee

Milk Man

Milk Man: A possible cure

If you give up on eleven maybe split 10s. No one has ever cured me of this disease. Not even the floor manager. The deviation dog might pop up now and then but I love doubling my 11s when I split my 10s.

Ouchez

Ouchez: Righto Great One, I meant, double! *NM*