Thread: Jared: Gain from standing on multi-card 16 vs. 10

Jared

Jared: Gain from standing on multi-card 16 vs. 10

For a 6D S17 game, I wanted to find out what is the gain in EV from always standing on multi-card 16 vs. 10 for a BS player. I'm hoping somebody can verify that I did this correctly. Looking at Table A1 of the 3rd edition of Blackjack Attack, the TD-EV for a 6D S17 DAS game is -.405922%, and the CD-EV is -.404071%. To my understanding, that difference of .001851% comes from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is multi-card or the result of a pair-split, as well as hitting 10-2 vs. 4. From Table A53 I calculated the gain from hitting 10-2 vs. 4 as .000276%, which would mean that the gain from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is multi-card or the result of a pair-split is .001575%. Is that correct?

Jared

Jared: Addendum

Now I'm more confident that my calculation was correct. Shortly after I submitted my initial post, I remembered that the C-D exception of hitting on 10-2 vs. 4 does not apply in a 6D H17 game, and therefore the differences between the TD-EVs and the CD-EVs for 6D H17 in Table A1 would come solely from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is multi-card or the result of a pair-split (the 8-7 vs. 10 C-D exception would not be applicable since the EVs given in Table A1 are for games that do not include LS). From Table A1, the TD-EV for 6D H17 DAS is -.618149% and the CD-EV is -.616573%, which, if I'm looking at everything correctly, would mean that the gain from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is multi-card or the result of a pair-split is .001576%, which is almost identical to the .001575% I calculated for 6D S17 DAS in my initial post. I would very much appreciate a confirmation that I did this correctly. Thanks in advance.

> For a 6D S17 game, I wanted to find out what is the
    > gain in EV from always standing on multi-card 16 vs.
    > 10 for a BS player. I'm hoping somebody can verify
    > that I did this correctly. Looking at Table A1 of the
    > 3rd edition of Blackjack Attack, the TD-EV for a 6D
    > S17 DAS game is -.405922%, and the CD-EV is -.404071%.
    > To my understanding, that difference of .001851% comes
    > from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is multi-card
    > or the result of a pair-split, as well as hitting 10-2
    > vs. 4. From Table A53 I calculated the gain from
    > hitting 10-2 vs. 4 as .000276%, which would mean that
    > the gain from standing on 16 vs. 10 when the 16 is
    > multi-card or the result of a pair-split is .001575%.
    > Is that correct?

OldCootFromVA

OldCootFromVA: Re: Addendum

You should look at "The Fine Points of Basic Strategy" in "Lawrence Revere's" book Playing Blackjack as a Business.