Thread: aria_hmmm: double deck --cards burned at end or beginning. does it matter

aria_hmmm

aria_hmmm: double deck --cards burned at end or beginning. does it matter

some double decks outside of vegas burn a clump of cards at the beginning PLUS an additional single burn card before they start to deal. it is kinda reversed what normally is done.

if the burned clump at the beginning was basically what would have been left unplayed at the end of a "traditional" vegas style game before shuffling, does it really make a difference as far as should u play this type of double deck at all where they burn a clump --say 20% of the double deck-- at the beginning rather than play through leaving that (20%) unplayed before shuffling at the end?

for example: if regular 2 deck penetration is 70% before shuffling, this type of double deck game would burn 20% upfront, and deal until about 10% remain unplayed, then shuffle. so, overall, its the same 70% played, just not from start to finish.

OldCootFromVA

OldCootFromVA: Re: double deck --cards burned at end or beginning. does it matter

IMHO, your assumtion is correct. An unseen card is an unseen card at the start or the end.

That's probably true of the middle, too, (i.e., if they burned cards like they do on the TV poker shows) but that would REALLY upset me .

Greasy John

Greasy John: Re: double deck --cards burned at end or beginning. does it matter

This is the standard procedure at Fizgeralds in Las Vegas too. I concur with OldCoot.

GJ