before i knew anything but basic strategy, i was doing fine. now that i know the count is high, it seems like more, much more often than not, if i stand on a stiff on a high count usually with a dealer 10 up i suppose, i lose, and the card i could have used to make a 19-21 WAS indeed the next card out, had i hit it. so, is it correct to stand on stiffs on high counts (like the other day the count was at least +7 (ko) at about 70% penetration reached, and i had a 10,3, and the dealer had a 10 up. i stood, the dealer flipped over a 3, and then THE 8! that i could have used, but i figured id bust, and decided to stay and pray! same thing happened on another 2 deck at about 60% penetration reached: i had a 10,5, dealer 10 up. i stood. dealer flipped over a 7. the next card would have been a 4 if i hit. the next card after the 4 was a 6. and the thrid base had a 15, and stood as well, so we both lost. i knew the count was high so i stood; he said he stood cause the previous hand he got about 5 or 6 low card 21, so he figured he'd bust as well. why does this keep happening to me on stiff with a count of 5 or more at decent penetration? should i just ignore the second guessing of my mind with the count, and just hit, as if i had no clue of counting, and just played basic stategy with no deviated plays? its happening much too often to be coincidence. help!!??