See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching between counting systems.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Used Hi-Lo but ran into a problem with the machines I was playing on. In particular, the more people who played, the more cards were dealt but could not be accounted for. Switched to REKO but still had the unaccounted for hands. There is no deck to see to estimate. To get around that problem I figured out a way to guess how many decks have been played so long as no more than two people were at the station. REKO turned out to be less taxing because I only had to worry about the running count and penetration. No TC conversion needed. Most times my deck estimation was within 1/8th a deck. Try eyeballing that. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
    Used Hi-Lo but ran into a problem with the machines I was playing on. In particular, the more people who played, the more cards were dealt but could not be accounted for. Switched to REKO but still had the unaccounted for hands. There is no deck to see to estimate. To get around that problem I figured out a way to guess how many decks have been played so long as no more than two people were at the station. REKO turned out to be less taxing because I only had to worry about the running count and penetration. No TC conversion needed. Most times my deck estimation was within 1/8th a deck. Try eyeballing that. :-D
    When you play machine Blackjack, don't assume the dealer switch is the point they shuffled. Actually you never know when they shuffle the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    When you play machine Blackjack, don't assume the dealer switch is the point they shuffled. Actually you never know when they shuffle the deck.
    For the machines i have been playing I confirmed the dealer switch is when the deck is shuffled. It only appears random when multiple people are playing because the deck gets dealt out quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Also, in some states there are laws governing penetration in such situations.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I started with Hi-Lo about 22 years ago and later switched to HiOptII w/ASC on 2-deck and Zen with a custom ramp on 6-deck. Employing two different counts may sound difficult, but honestly the more difficult part was going from a level 1 count to a level 2 count. It just took me a few months of consistent practice, which was about what I thought it would take.
    Switching between these two counts isn't difficult since the only difference is the tags for 6 and Ace. However the Ace was easy because since I wasn't side counting it with the 6-deck, I knew to give it the tag I was used to with Hi-Lo (-1). The 6 was only a little harder. I just make sure to be super attentive when it comes out to give it the correct tag.
    I went through all this trouble in order to lower my big bet to get more longevity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12