Thread: I18 for H17, DAS

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question I18 for H17, DAS

Recently realized I've been using I18 for S17 instead of correct indices for the H17 shoe games I'm playing. Floundering around in the forums looking for which I18 indices vary in a 6 deck shoe DAS, NRA based solely on whether the dealer stands or hits soft 17 suggests there are only three:
    12 v 6 (-3 instead of -1)
    11 v A (-1 instead of +1)
    10 v A (3 instead of 4)
    One discussion I saw suggested it also changes for 9 v 2 and 16 v A, but didn't give the alternative indices.
    I know this is a very basic question, but TBH I don't have any more time today to search forums for the answer and I'm not sure, being a newbie, if I need to purchase a book for this, which one i should buy...TIA if anyone knows the correct answer and is willing to share the info or recommend which book would give me the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Countess J View Post
    Recently realized I've been using I18 for S17 instead of correct indices for the H17 shoe games I'm playing. Floundering around in the forums looking for which I18 indices vary in a 6 deck shoe DAS, NRA based solely on whether the dealer stands or hits soft 17 suggests there are only three:
    12 v 6 (-3 instead of -1)
    11 v A (-1 instead of +1)
    10 v A (3 instead of 4)
    One discussion I saw suggested it also changes for 9 v 2 and 16 v A, but didn't give the alternative indices.
    I know this is a very basic question, but TBH I don't have any more time today to search forums for the answer and I'm not sure, being a newbie, if I need to purchase a book for this, which one i should buy...TIA if anyone knows the correct answer and is willing to share the info or recommend which book would give me the answer!
    No big deal but for 11 vs A, 0 in H17 is what I use for Doubling
    No change for 9 vs 2, still +1 to Double
    16 vs A isn't an Ill-18 but if you can't surrender, you should use +9 in S17 and +3 in H17 for Standing.
    15 vs A is a Fab-4 and the BJA3 index is +1 for S17 (I use +2) and you can use -1 for H17 on Surrender.
    If you can't surrender, 15 vs A is +10 in S17 and +5 in H17 for Standing
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    No big deal but for 11 vs A, 0 in H17 is what I use for Doubling
    No change for 9 vs 2, still +1 to Double
    16 vs A isn't an Ill-18 but if you can't surrender, you should use +9 in S17 and +3 in H17 for Standing.
    15 vs A is a Fab-4 and the BJA3 index is +1 for S17 (I use +2) and you can use -1 for H17 on Surrender.
    If you can't surrender, 15 vs A is +10 in S17 and +5 in H17 for Standing

THANK YOU! Exactly what I wanted to know.These forums are valuable, and i have a feeling they will be increasingly so as I continue to develop and improve my skills.