Quote Originally Posted by scottwilliam View Post
I've been playing the game for around 4yrs..I have practiced and practiced ALOT..I usually win 9, 10, 11 sessions in a row and then have a couple of losing ones..My last session was very..very depressing..I mean, I lost 11 in a row on three separate tables, took breaks-used different systems, AND still got hammered..This was the worst losing session ever..Usually my losing sessions are like losing 6 or 5 in a row..tie then win 2 in a row..then lose again..But today..it was just lose..lose..and lose..!I could not detect any second dealing.. Any opinions-recommendations?
First, just have faith and stick with one system. Going through 3+ systems on the same 6 deck game is silly.

Second, learn about yourself. AP BJ is excellent at helping you learn how you react to wins and losses. This information is critical to determining if serious BJ is for you or not.

Third, introspection will lead you into answering whether you are playing to earn money or you are addicted.

Finally, read others experience. I am reading two books by Barfakel who started with a very small bankroll, and documented his progress as an AP. It is fascinating. It took him over a year to get his Bank Roll to $10,000. His second book is about his second year as a serious part time AP. It shows how frustrating it is. Sometimes it is 2,3 small wins and feeling great and then one session and all the past few session wins are lost. Sometimes, it is losses again and again. What happened to you is part of the game.

There is a reason that many of the great AP's have quit to write books or get into other fields and I suspect most of the pros here are feeling it after 8-9 years, will quit or go part time in the future. Once upon a time, rules were easy to play, technology was not there to prevent an AP from success and it was fun developing acts and fooling pit guys. It has progressively become a more difficult game to beat.