As host/moderator, it is my job to maintain the standards around here. In a few short months we have grown from nothing to one of the most popular blackjack websites on the Internet. Newbies come to this website to learn the game. Our goal has always been to maintain a high signal/noise ratio, and apparently people like it, so I shall continue to do so.

> I am referring to a dd game that is dealt
> almost to the bottom with regularity which
> puts me in certain situations on a regular
> basis that most players rarely get a chance
> to experience, hence the thoughts on
> strategy deviations that you claim are
> vodoo.

This is not what your original posts stated.

> Would you not surrneder a 12 versus a dealer
> high card in a very high count with few
> cards left when you have a max bet on the
> table? I would and do, not that I like it,
> but at times a sound move.

I would surrender a 12 vs a dealer 10 at about a +15 true count, which is where it is indicated (Hi-Lo). Remember, with surrender you lose half your original bet, so it is not the correct play unless your chances of winning are less than 1 in 4.

Since with a count this high you are unlikely to be dealt a 12 in the first place, you will probably find yourself in this situation about once a year, making even learning the index pretty much a waste of time.

> Would you not just hit an eleven in a high
> count with 4 aces left and few cards
> remaining and the dealer with a strong card
> up? This is a simple risk averse move with a
> max bet out, don't like it, but at times the
> right move.

Oh, we're keeping an ace side count now? This is not what you said in your original post. There you said, "I will no longer double 11 in big counts in any dd or sd game unless I am facing a dealer 6 or less!" Hardly the same thing!

> I do not view these as unsound moves by the
> numbers I may be facing.

If a playing decision is a mathmatically sound one based on the count and any other information about the undealt cards that you may have, then it is the correct decision. If it is based on personal experience, hunches, anecdotal evidence "the flow of the cards" etc., then you are merely throwing away EV.

If you post mathmatically unsound strategies on these boards, you may rest assured that I and/or others will call you on it.