Thread: Higher c-socre in cvcx with more players?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Higher c-socre in cvcx with more players?

Hi, all, this is another cvcx problem which I hope is not so foolish as before, thanks!

I just noticed a series of cvcx sims with the identical setup (with only the number of players changed) show the following:

# of total players: __2,____4,____6
    highest c-score: ~251, ~259, ~268
    (all at the fixed RoR = 0.5% and varying the spread size, with the '~' indicating that c-score is roughly at that level)

The exact values don't matter, the point here is clearly 'with more players the c-score is higher'.
    As for the details, basically when there are more players both the win rate and standard deviation per hour (not per round) are slightly lower and the c-score came out higher......and N0 is lower.

These are completely opposite to what I so far believe is true.

The above numbers are for playing a single spot. This increasing trend will be more obvious when playing two hands (at TC >= 1 to TC >= 3), something like c-score = ~300 for 2 players and ~350 for 6 players. (I know the results for playing two hands is just an estimate, but still....)

I know that it takes two points to make a straight line and 3 points can hardly be considered showing any trend....but I don't think this is just some artifacts :P

I'm wondering if I made some mistakes in the setup that I'm not aware of.....though not very likely as I double checked many times.

All are 2*10^10 rounds (I think this 20000 million is pretty enough) with the following rules and setup:

6D, H17, DAS, RSA, LS, pen = 80%

Wong in at TC = 1, wong out at TC = 0, stop observing at TC = -1, no time lag between shoes
    (note that is it NOT checking the boxes 'back counting' and 'departure adj' for a play all sim....these are in the setup)

allow betting at half true count checked

same set of r-a indices generated previously with CVIndex, same bankroll, same number of hands per hour, etc.

(For only 1 player the c-score is dramatically lower than 2 players, like ~120....but I don't think checking the box for back counting is very realistic for a total number of players = 1 simulated for play all)

oh btw here's a little separate question for checking the 'play two hands' box:

as the cvcx sim is itself setup with wonging in at TC = 1, it makes no sense to 'start playing two hands at TC = 0'.
    However, the results (the betting schedule, the c-score and all those numbers below) are different for playing two hands starting at TC = 0 vs TC = 1.
    I know that this might be an artifact due to playing two hands being an estimate.....but then what about starting at TC = 1 vs TC = 2?
    I guess I just need to know that the results for starting at TC = 1 (the 'critical point' of the setup) is reliable.
    Last edited by Charlie Mosby; 10-13-2012 at 10:01 PM.