Quote Originally Posted by Preetjatt123 View Post
Opinions on a hardcore degenerate gambler trying to do ap play specially bj. Will his brain support in long term.
At the risk of sounding gauche by using a witticism as a segue, I wouldn't bet on it. Advantage play is an activity much closer to investing than to gambling. The former requires discipline, nerves of steel, emotional detachment that borders on the psychopathic, an outcome-independent mindset, the courage to act decisively when necessary, a healthy respect for variance, constant soft focus and vigilance for opportunities as they arise, and hours of study and practice and dry runs before betting serious money at the table. All of the aforementioned traits are merely optional when it comes to the latter. Gamblers have precisely none of those things; if they have one or two, they lose less, but they'll still crash and burn by consistently playing negative-EV games. For that reason, I would not recommend that a "hardcore degenerate gambler" try to learn AP, as that would only feed his delusions and make it that much harder for him to break his addiction. I would instead offer sympathy for his condition and recommend that he seek professional help.