8675309 said
I was heads up in a very deep cut and lost every hand except two of them. I was near max bet by the time the first deck was dealt and there were many splits and doubles along the way. I lost just over $6000 in that shoe and the dealer just couldn't understand why I kept shoving big bets out. I couldn't tell her because the count was astronomical
I had a similar shoe way back when - lost about $7500. What was the deck pen and what was RC at end of shoe. Reason I ask - if count was high - meaning that all the good stuff was behind the cut card - by extension the question needs to be asked - did you ever have an advantage to begin with?

I’ve harped the point that sims can be beat - the scenario above is simply one more shoe lost in a billion card sim. The sim can’t tell if all the goodies are behind the cut card. The sim can’t tell if the count is going up or going down - it is simply processing information. This is where the lowly human brain by means of observation among other things, help you to beat the sim.

In no way am I denigrating the power of sims - it is a very useful tool among a myriad of useful tools.