Thread: Double UP BlackJack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by mt4 View Post
    Greetings, I ran 1 billion simulations and got these answers:

House edge of the Wizard's basic strategy against a standard 6-deck game (normally it is -.66%):
    -.74%

House edge if the double-UP bet is never taken:
    -5.455%

I assume that blackjack pays 3:2 immediately, regardless of dealer 16.
    Hi mt4, I already figured out where the differences come from. My numbers assume that a player, who knows perfectly the 'classic' basic strategy for 6DH17,
    sits down to play at a Double UP Blackjack table. If instead of using the standard strategy, we use the 'adapted' basic strategy (which is the one published by WoO),
    the results would be as follows:

1) WoO Strategy (no End-16 and no DU), 10 billon rounds (30 rounds per shoe)

Ev = -0.72%
    Var = 1.27
    Sd = 1.12
    Se = 0.00%

2) WoO Strategy (End-16 and no DU), 10 billon rounds (30 rounds per shoe)

Ev = -5.43%
    Var = 1.12
    Sd = 1.06
    Se = 0.00%

If we add the CCE to this, the numbers would be the same as yours. What I still can't reproduce is the -0.32%.
    Maybe it's because I still don't understand the rules and because of the discrepancy I see on different sites.
    It's not clear to me if you can only Double Up with 2 cards, or if it can be more.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    It's not clear to me if you can only Double Up with 2 cards, or if it can be more.
    I believe it's double up with 2 cards only, including after split, but not with blackjack.

I was modifying Blackjack PowerSim to simulate the new rules. I wasn't able to get my code to work for the double up bet and decided to quit working on it. If anyone is able to program this rule into PowerSim, please let me know.