Thread: indices for a multiparameter count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

indices for a multiparameter count

Looking for help to find indices for a count I am resurrecting from many years ago..comprises:

Ten vs 2-9 (tags are -2 for the tens and +1 for 2-9)

98 vs 45 (tags are -1 for 9, 8, and +1 for 4,5

Aces are counted separately as -2

The ten count is used for decisions involving dealer cards of 2 through 6

The 98/45 count is used for hit/stand decisions involving dealer cards of 7 or 8

The 98/45 count is added to the ten count for all other strategy decision except insurance.

For insurance just add the number of aces exited to the running ten count...insure when this number is greater than 4*number of decks.

All input will be greatly appreciated..for your interest, the betting is exactly as hiopt2 and the insurance is 100% accurate.
    Last edited by chuckybaby; 03-19-2024 at 07:29 AM. Reason: incomplete

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckybaby View Post
    Looking for help to find indices for a count I am resurrecting from many years ago..comprises:

Ten vs 2-9 (tags are -2 for the tens and +1 for 2-9)

98 vs 45 (tags are -1 for 9, 8, and +1 for 4,5

Aces are counted separately as -2

The ten count is used for decisions involving dealer cards of 2 through 6

The 98/45 count is used for hit/stand decisions involving dealer cards of 7 or 8

The 98/45 count is added to the ten count for all other strategy decision except insurance.

For insurance just add the number of aces exited to the running ten count...insure when this number is greater than 4*number of decks.

All input will be greatly appreciated..for your interest, the betting is exactly as hiopt2 and the insurance is 100% accurate.
    Hi Chuckybaby,

The strategy is very interesting, but I see that some indices are practically impossible to calculate. For example, when facing a 7 or 8 from the dealer,
    (98/45) is used only for Hit/Stand decisions, but then HO2 is used for the rest of the plays that also involve a 7 or 8 from the dealer.
    I would say it's impossible to calculate an index for DD or an index for Splitting or Surrendering by comparing the expected values of two different
    strategies (98/45 vs HO2). Either all indices are calculated using 98/45 or all using HO2. Do you understand what I mean?
    By the way, all these indices can be generated without any problems using the latest version of CVIndex. However, calculating a SCORE is another story.
    In that case, custom software is needed.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Thanks for that insight Cac

Thanks for that insight Cac
    You're welcome.

Cac

indices for a multiparameter count

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    You're welcome.

Cac
    Cac...would you be interested in deriving all the indices for this count?

I am ready to pay a reasonable fee for such help.

To give you a bit of context, I am a 93 year old AP still playing but with zero skills re simulations.

For your interest, have a listen to the podcast I did for GWAE about 3 years ago

Thank you in anticipation...

Cac...would you be interested in deriving all the indices for this count?

I am ready to pay a reasonable fee for such help.

To give you a bit of context, I am a 93 year old AP still playing but with zero skills re simulations.

For your interest, have a listen to the podcast I did for GWAE about 3 years ago

Thank you in anticipation...
    At the moment, I'm in the middle of another project, but as soon as I finish, I'll see about generating those indices for you. Always under the conditions
    I mentioned above and only the indices. By the way, how do I search for the podcast you did for GWAE?

Sincerely,
    Cac

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    At the moment, I'm in the middle of another project, but as soon as I finish, I'll see about generating those indices for you. Always under the conditions
    I mentioned above and only the indices. By the way, how do I search for the podcast you did for GWAE?

Sincerely,
    Cac
    The podcast is under the name chuckybaby and can be accessed by the GWAE website

I'm very pleased that you are willing to derive the indices for me

Let's keep in touch

Thanks very much

Cac...it occurs to me that we should be communicating via email for privacy reasons.

My email is [email protected]

Cac...it occurs to me that we should be communicating via email for privacy reasons.

My email is [email protected]
    Hi chuckybaby,

Perfect, I've noted down your email. Give me a few days, and as soon as I have them ready, I'll send them to you.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Many thanks, Cac

Much appreciated, Don (chuckybaby)

Many thanks, Cac

Much appreciated, Don (chuckybaby)
    I'm already working on generating your indices. It's very likely that I can send them to you via email tomorrow.
    At the latest, the day after tomorrow.

Sincerely,
    Cac