Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Not surprisingly using same as above with 0x12, 12x8 and 12x9 the EV is positive (+0.525 with Basic strategy and +1.35 with Best strategy. With 24x7sm 12x8 and 12x9, EV is negative (-1.609 basic strategy and -1.263 with best strategy. You did mention a while ago that HiLo with a side count of sevens outperformed HiLo with a side count of aces.

However, my post wasn't about the tag values but about the cumulative effect of 789s.
All three counts of previous post yielded a 0 HiLo true count.
But with the count of sevens, the true count of Hi-Lo is also zero.

The EV goes up as the ratio of 789s gets deeper under the norm for the Best Strategy player.
This reinfoces the concept of Quality True Count being helpful to the "informed" player. In the previous post, option B is a strong quality true count of 0 (almost +2% EV) for the "perfect strategy player" but is a weak quality true count of 0 (-1.77%) fpr the basic strategy player.
I think you could do more tests with different blocks and see which one is the most effective. For example: 78s, 89s, 79s, 8s, and 9s.

I don't know what the proper statement would be but it seems that we can say that an overrepresentation of 789s leads to a weaker EV when one cannot detect the situation with his/her main count.

How would you describe that cumulative effect of neutral cards when it doesn't make a difference to the main count?
The problem is that for me, the information provided by that block (789s) is not something I can capitalize on. However, the information provided by the 7s, yes.

Sincerely,
Cac