See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: T count simulation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Ustonzen never said he plays 75% pen shoe games. So either you put words in his mouth to create a straw man (a tactic of someone that can't argue the issue with facts). Or you play 75% pen shoe games. I gave you the benefit of doubt that you could actually argue your point with facts rather than making some emotionally driven false argument. Thank you for correcting me on that point.
    Now I'm really done replying to you. i NEVER said he plays 75% games. Please go re-read what I said. You have serious reading comprehension issues or maybe you're just trolling me at this point. You take words out of context and quote it and make it seem I was redirecting something to someone when I wasn't. You're pathetic.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by APGuru View Post
    Now I'm really done replying to you. i NEVER said he plays 75% games. Please go re-read what I said. You have serious reading comprehension issues or maybe you're just trolling me at this point. You take words out of context and quote it and make it seem I was redirecting something to someone when I wasn't. You're pathetic.
    A statement that what the worst or poor games offered are relevant to your play implies that they will be played. If they are not played then it is the same as if they didn't exist. If you don't understand you being the first one to bring them up as if anyone would feel compelled to play them implies you are referencing your own play, then you aren't communicating well. If you don't understand what implies means look it up in a dictionary. If you didn't mean to imply such a thing why bring otherwise irrelevant information up in the first place.

Is that wager about APGuru actually being ZK still open Freighter? I could use an easy sawbuck.

Is that wager about APGuru actually being ZK still open Freighter? I could use an easy sawbuck.
    Not anymore. Would have lost. I’ll buy a beer though. Good Canadian beer like Alexander Keith’s.

why do u bother with the hopeless. I have no inclination to inflict self pain.

I use a level 3 count, I already made that extra gain from a higher level count and it performs better than your Hi-Opt II count with aces for the games I play.
    Maybe traditional Hiopt2/ASC but not Hiopts/my ace side count.
    Tarzan count won't do much after a level 3 on a shoe game just like HiOpt II with aces side counted doesnt do much on the shoe game compared to a level 3 with high BC.
    The value of custom counts isn't just EV. It is how cheap it is to look like a complete moron while winning more and more frequently in a shorter time. I think that is the most valuable part of custom counts. You probably aren't fooling anyone but they are fine with letting you play because they won't get in trouble for it. In fact at the smartest places they will get in trouble for acting against a "really bad counter".

The value of custom counts isn't just EV. It is how cheap it is to look like a complete moron while winning more and more frequently in a shorter time. I think that is the most valuable part of custom counts.
    Out of fairness I think you should mention pitfalls you will encounter. Custom counts are great for heads up play, and possibly Spanish version of 21, where unusual plays take place regularly. Although, when playing regular bj with another player, or a few others, and you are showing inconsistent play, and rather infrequent unusual moves, you often quickly become the reason "unjustified or not" why others are losing, getting angry, vociferous, and changing tables. You are likely thinking wonderful just what I wanted anyway. The last thing the pit wants is unhappy players, especially regulars, and if all the complaining is directed at you, you have become a problem, that may have started on some previous trip, that will be dealt with.

You probably aren't fooling anyone but they are fine with letting you play because they won't get in trouble for it. In fact at the smartest places they will get in trouble for acting against a "really bad counter".

I highly disagree with the above quote. There is a big contradiction here, long term your reputation supersedes itself, short term you do appear to be one lucky SOB, that needs further observation. Ultimately, they will refuse your action sooner rather than later. Because in their minds "its the bottom line" when more of the chips end up on your side of the table regardless of reason you will not be considered a "really bad counter". I would like to add the more inconstancy shown in deviation play especially with big bets out shows the pit and the EYE plenty of information to make a good evaluation of your play. Previously every time that you have said that they welcome you back with open arms, I just cringe.

Ps could you give an opinion on post # 89 that I wrote in the thread, that was in reply to Don S post "I thought he was referring to the entire thread" in front of mine, in regards to your earlier responses in the thread pertaining to seeing only one up card?
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Out of fairness I think you should mention pitfalls you will encounter. Custom counts are great for heads up play, and possibly Spanish version of 21, where unusual plays take place regularly. Although, when playing regular bj with another player, or a few others, and you are showing inconsistent play, and rather infrequent unusual moves, you often quickly become the reason "unjustified or not" why others are losing, getting angry, vociferous, and changing tables. You are likely thinking wonderful just what I wanted anyway. The last thing the pit wants is unhappy players, especially regulars, and if all the complaining is directed at you, you have become a problem, that may have started on some previous trip, that will be dealt with.
    I've seen this in action first hand. Playing alongside the beloved regs can raise eyebrows if you piss them off.

Tarzan and i dont know each other. To think such a high level count would be completely mitigated by 75% penetration is to be willfully obtuse. Plus a lot of variance can happen in those last cards which could cause some very lucrative and exotic plays - random does not mean even distribution.

All the anti advanced count talk always has this undertone of threatened insecurity - maybe youre not good enough just the way you are - maybe pain and fear and effort are required for growth - maybe you have to make yourself uncomfortable - maybe you should pull yourself up to a higher level rather than try to pull things that are above you down because it makes you feel like youre better without having to do any actual work.
    Challenge yourself - not the validity of things currently beyond your grasp

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    Tarzan and i dont know each other. To think such a high level count would be completely mitigated by 75% penetration is to be willfully obtuse. Plus a lot of variance can happen in those last cards which could cause some very lucrative and exotic plays - random does not mean even distribution.

All the anti advanced count talk always has this undertone of threatened insecurity - maybe youre not good enough just the way you are - maybe pain and fear and effort are required for growth - maybe you have to make yourself uncomfortable - maybe you should pull yourself up to a higher level rather than try to pull things that are above you down because it makes you feel like youre better without having to do any actual work.
    Challenge yourself - not the validity of things currently beyond your grasp
    I like how you just leave out how many deck you're playing against and just say 75%. 75% in what? Be specific if you're even going to bother to counter what I said. Im specifically talking about 6-8 deck shoe games. You're just another fake player that doesn't put the hours in to understand the game. And to clear up the matter, I dont use hi-lo, I use a level 3 count, but side counting 6-8 deck shoe games or using tarzan counts or gordon counts are plain useless. You will soon find out, unless there's some type of bias in there.

And to clear up the matter, I dont use hi-lo, I use a level 3 count, but side counting 6-8 deck shoe games or using tarzan counts or gordon counts are plain useless. You will soon find out, unless there's some type of bias in there.
    It depends on the rules of the 6-8 deck game. If the rules are favorable enough and good penetration on a 6-8 game there is a gain for side counting. For example, say you play Six deck S17, DAS, LS, RSA with 83% penetration. For other rules I would not consider side counting a 6-8 games because the SCORE would be similar using the Zen Count when playing less favorable rules.

Its zengrifter. You can change the name but not the style.
    Even your letters are somehow annoying

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    And you cant compare your wong halves to what tarzan does - its on a different plane,
    All counts are level 1 compared to his, but hell be the first to down play it

Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    And you cant compare your wong halves to what tarzan does - its on a different plane,
    All counts are level 1 compared to his, but hell be the first to down play it
    The problem lies in the frequency distribution. Side counting every card and knowing which ones are in deficit/surplus or which 'groups of cards' in the case of tarzan are in deficit/surplus is irrelevant. There just won't be enough times in a 6-8 deck game where there will be a significant deficit or surplus to affect the EV. Just look at what side counting the best card(ace) does in a shoe game. NOTHING.

Pitch game, different story.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast