See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: synders ADVANCED red seven ct

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

synders ADVANCED red seven ct

where can i get info on the advanced version of the red seven count?

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    where can i get info on the advanced version of the red seven count?
    Why are interested in adv red7?

Have you tried Blackbelt in Blackjack?

have been using red seven but if there is an "advanced?" version that is more efficient, so much the better.

got it along with many other authors, ...not listed

Forget it. Just play Zen.

why?

Use my imagination.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Not trying to start a count debate here...

I have a personal friend, whom you might consider a high stakes player. His stakes are much higher than many (if not majority) of the posters on this forum. His top bet is 2x$1,000. His BR can afford more (2x$1,300 ish), but many places won't take his action. He uses the Red 7. I know he employs team play with other very reputable APs occasionally. Even though they don't use the same count, they translate the information from spotter to big player by the % edge over the house based on count. Then the proper conversions are made from that point in order to continue forward.

This person is a successful AP. This is just one more example why I believe the actual counting system is one of the least important aspects to becoming a successful AP. I don't care to participate in any kind of debate. I just figured I would relay this information since it pertains to the original subject. Take it for what it's worth. Or don't. Up to you.
    Last edited by Ryemo; 09-07-2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Typo

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    And btw...

Yes, there is an Advanced Red 7 section in Snyder's book, Blackbelt in Blackjack.

And I use Zen myself. I think it's a good count. So I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. But with that said, there are many otherimportant aspects to counting.
    Last edited by Ryemo; 09-07-2016 at 03:51 PM.

thanks for ALL input, it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    Not trying to start a count debate here...

I have a personal friend, whom you might consider a high stakes player. His stakes are much higher than many (if not majority) of the posters on this forum. His top bet is 2x$1,000. His BR can afford more (2x$1,300 ish), but many places won't take his action. He uses the Red 7. I know he employs team play with other very reputable APs occasionally. Even though they don't use the same count, they translate the information from spotter to big player by the % edge over the house based on count. Then the proper conversions are made from that point in order to continue forward.

This person is a successful AP. This is just one more example why I believe the actual counting system is one of the least important aspects to becoming a successful AP. I don't care to participate in any kind of debate. I just figured I would relay this information since it pertains to the original subject. Take it for what it's worth. Or don't. Up to you.
    The analogy
    I know a guy who literally knows every count system in existence, and can speak knowledably on all of them. Couldn't win his way out of a paper bag.

Yes, different count systems played optimally will win money at varying win rates. Index plays employed will help the equation - ultimately - judgement is key and will spell the difference between success and failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The analogy
    I know a guy who literally knows every count system in existence, and can speak knowledably on all of them. Couldn't win his way out of a paper bag.

Yes, different count systems played optimally will win money at varying win rates. Index plays employed will help the equation - ultimately - judgement is key and will spell the difference between success and failure.
    Exactly. Playing OPTIMALLY is key. Perfect your system, then go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast