Quote Originally Posted by muckz View Post
Tthree, kind of short sighted don't you think?
We will have to agree to disagree. So you stayed as rafts of low cards hit the table and played through extremely negative rounds only to have the shoe end with a huge positive count. The high cards never showing but you getting lucky.
I was heads up about 2 decks in, the TC was ~ hilo tc -3. I almost packed up and left, I decided to stay to finish out the shoe, that shoe ended up being > 3sd positive swing. If I had left I wouldn't have seen it.
White rabbit is based on the same thing as all the other blackjack math. You get the long run working for you and don't worry about the crazy swings of the short run. I will stay a little longer if I am winning but not when losing. I trust the math. The sims say I am better off seeking greener pastures in the long run. Just like standing on that stiff in a high count you got to trust the math not try to get lucky. Sure you got lucky that time but in the long run you are best off leaving at the optimal departure point. The math is all about the long run. You sound like a ploppy that had something work out once and thinks that makes it the way you should always play it. There are sims and math that tells us the best long run move. Everything is based on the long run in counting cards.
if you are going to utilize White rabbit, be sure that your situations allow for it to work flawlessly. When you're not counting you're not generating EV.
I at least agree with this statement. Unless you were STing you should not have stayed. Of course there are heat and other concerns that affect your decisions but ignoring that trust the math and do what it says.