Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
The "good catch" was my inept use of language to describe what I was trying to say. No doubt the sign on the door is clear as glass, and yes, I'm pretty sure there is a gun with slash through it. haha Don't worry, even if it were poorly worded, I would not take that to mean I had therefore a license to carry in that establishment. We would all know what it meant to say. I am a little surprised, and a bit embarrassed, though, that you thought either of us might be that stupid.
Aslan: Never called either of you stupid. You know far more than I about playing cards. However, this was a serious thread about the backrooming. It bothered me to see those videos. Having been in the legal industry in my first career, I know how far cops can go. I also know how to avoid trouble with them most times. I didn't want the discussion to get off topic about firearms. I just didn't want anyone to even think about trying to bring a firearm into an establishment that prohibited them. There are very, very MANY gun happy policemen. I would NOT want anyone here to take a chance or give them ANY opportunity to fire at a citizen rightfully bearing arms. There have been too many cases of guns being planted on someone shot; kids shot with toy guns; adults shot with fake weapons. If you were to carry a gun into an establishment and say, they saw it. Maybe it wasn't quite totally concealed. And they knew it was prohibited there. It's an excuse to them to draw weapons. I am MORE than serious about this topic and it was not meant to cast any aspersions upon your intelligence.