Since I'm new to the forum, I have all of these questions backed-up. Answer one or all; the only rule is your reply must be thoughtful.

1) How do the BJ gurus really make their money? I see this pattern where a guy claims to have made $$$ from playing BJ pro, retires, and is now training others how to play. I can't but help ask to the guru, if you are so good, then how come you're still not playing? Why do many of the retired gurus seems to go back to 9-5 jobs? Wasn't their winnings enough to keep them afloat?

2) What's your experience of splitting 9/9 against dealer's 8 or 9? Now, I know the book says to split, but it certainly seems like every time I've done this, I end up with a worse hand, or busting. Your experience?

3) What has playing BJ done for you? Has it allowed you to purchase a zippy sports car, pay off debts, or take an exotic vacation?

4) What's your system? I can already anticipate this is a religious question, so I'm not looking for anyone to proselytize their point of view, but I'm just curious. For me, I'm working on Hi/Lo lite. When I saw how this is simpler than Hi/Lo, with no statistical decrease in payout, the Hi/Lo list just made sense to me, and I'm curious if anyone else has come to the same conclusion?

5) How long do you play per session? I've heard some people say they only play for one hour at a time, for fear of raising undesirable attention. Then, I've heard other chaps say how they'll just play all weekend at the same place.

6) Do you look for dealer tells, to try to better guess the hole card?

7) Have you even been on a team?

8) Have you seen any factors of how some knobs remain knobs, while others turn the page to becoming respectable? This is a path that's been traveled a zillion times before: someone sees the movie "21", is lured to the idea of money for nothing, and starts to study and play BJ. I'd think about 98% of these folks crash-and-burn. So, what's the secret sauce that causes the remaining 2% to succeed?

9) Do you provide solicited advice while playing? If the guy next to you asks, "Hey, what do you think I should do?", will you answer?

10) Do you think Google Glasses could be an upcoming factor for BJ play? (Assume you already know http://www.geekwire.com/2013/countin...startup-world/)