Same game Booker. there may be a few private games and like RWM says better to run them. There were illegal card rooms where these games went on often, but the main joints have been busted. The "fellas" playing there were mostly huge losers. They would win once in a while, but losing 25K was common for some. There one deck game was shuffled after every round because there were 7 players. The "shooters" were well known, some had successful jobs or owned restaurants. Shooters are often asked to go to "booster" parties free of charge. I know I could beat these guys, but these guys I don't want to be associated with. They are fun to have a drink with and hear their stories about their wild life, but that's it. Some have connections and can do "favors" or get favors done. At stag parties or boosters the house rake is huge. Players are often wearing nice rings, gold necklaces, open shirt and have their hundreds not folded, but in rolls sometimes in a thin rubber band. When the housed games were getting busted and becoming rare it was because A team and B team wars were going on which made the police bust them before they were pipe bombed. You had to know someone to get in the door which was barred after entering. There was always one or two fellas outside checking your credentials.

Baberuth