Thread: Sharky's NFL play of the week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Math Demon View Post
    1. HOU - 5 (-110) at JAX ($110 to win $100) -- WON! (HOU 27, JAX 13)
    2. IND - 3 (-105) at CLE ($105 to win $100) -- LOST by 2! (IND 25, CLE 24) -- IND failed at two 2-point conversions in Q3 & Q4.
    3. STL - 3 (-105) at WAS ($105 to win $100) -- WON! (STL 24, WAS 0)
    ___

4. at CIN - 3 (-125) vs PIT was too expensive at -125.

Parlayed #1 to #4 for $10 to win $116. -- LOST! (CIN 21, PIT 42)

Teased 1, 2, 4 & 5 for $10 to win $45: HOU - 2, IND (pk), CIN (pk), BAL + 6 -- LOST! (CIN 21, PIT 42)
    ___

5. BAL + 3 (-105) at MIA ($105 to win $100) -- WON! (BAL 28, MIA 13)
    6. BAL ML +135 & Under 45½ (quarter-bet, $25 to win $87.25) -- WON! (BAL 28, MIA 13)
    7. DAL - 3 @ CHI (TNF - $100 to win $91: already won) -- WON! (DAL 41, CHI 28)
    8. DAL - 3 & Over 51 (TNF - $50 to win $130; already won) -- WON! (DAL 41, CHI 28)
    Nice picks. WTG MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Nice picks. WTG MD.

I was flipping through 4 games, BUT I was watching the end of IND @ CLE game in real-time. I was hoping for a successful 2-point conversion in the last minute for an ATS PUSH. So close!

I'm pretty sure I looked at IND/Luck's performance on natural grass fields, but I must have ignored it.

IND on grass: PF = 33.8, PA = 31.8, mov = +2
    IND in open stadiums: PF = 35.5, PA = 30.8, mov = +4.8.

Yeah! IND's performance in grass fields or open stadiums were too CLOSE to the spread to bet. Oh well, we've learned something.
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Math Demon View Post
    Oh well, we've learned something.
    Yep. Being proven wrong or doing something wrong is where lessons are learned. Like I have said repeatedly I love being proven wrong. That is were I learn something. People that can't get that are doomed to not learn the same lesson over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Yep. Being proven wrong or doing something wrong is where lessons are learned. Like I have said repeatedly I love being proven wrong. That is were I learn something. People that can't get that are doomed to not learn the same lesson over and over again.
    So... can you help understand the IND @ CLE game? At one point, IND was just 4 for 14 in 3D conversion.

Also, what boggles my mind was when Luck was being sacked at the end zone, he decided NOT to take a safety (or an intentional grounding call). Instead he fumbled giving CLE their first TD. And that sucks! Those 5 extra points would have them cover ATS.
    __

Feel free to email me any analysis, if you want. While we're at it, why did HOU suck in the first half?
    __

Early tip: Take STL -2.5 vs ARZ (at STL)
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.