See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Expected accuracy from Monte Carlo simulations?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Eric, tomker was treated vastly more politely than he would have been in other BJ forums, particularly since he came here to sell an app that does not provide accurate results. Indeed, your post was the harshest of all the posts in these two threads. What is “frustrating” is dealing with numerous people wandering in to sell apps or systems. Such is the life on a forum. We ban outright about 350 new members a day. Over 100,000 a year. I decided to let this one remain as perhaps it could spur a decent discussion. But, instead of listening, he had a somewhat paranoid reaction. When we tried to explain his standard error was too high, he responded that he didn’t know what SE was, and later that knowledge of stats was not necessary. Several members tried to explain SE to him – but he showed no interest at all. That’s when he completely lost us. If you show little interest in learning, repeatedly claim others are calling you a liar (as opposed to incorrect), and suggest that basic statistics are not needed; you are going to have difficulty selling stats on a forum.

One point on DigitalOcean. Their advertising states that you are getting a 16-core machine in one of their plans. Nowhere does it say that they are virtual cores shared with other users. Potential and current customers have been asking them for over a year for the physical to virtual ratio, and they have been silent. That’s the problem that I have with the use of the word “cloud”. It means what the advertiser wants it to mean – and that does bug me.

BTW, glad to see you posting again.
    Last edited by Norm; 09-01-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse