Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why 9s aren't counted?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I use hi lo with a side count of 5s 2s As works great for me!

Yes, I think in terms of ratios per deck and specific deck composition to include side counting 9's or tracking the ratio of (6,7) to (8,9) in the {6-9} grouping. So essentially you can do whatever it is you wish to fine tune your counting skills as long as you can utilize the information to it's maximum advantage. My system takes the seemingly complex and converts it into a matter of following a specific procedure for a specific type of equation, much like the speed math demonstration in which I demonstrate that simple procedural elements can allow you short cuts to solve a given problem or equation faster. This system takes a complex batch of data and sorts it into easily definable parameters, meaning the human brain can in fact play blackjack with nearly the playing efficiency of a computer using perfect play if you train to do so. It's a matter of memorizing some charts and following proper procedure more than any anything else. Am I an advocate of side counting 9's? Hell yeah! I'm in favor of doing anything that can sharpen up your game.

Use the Halves Count to count the 9. No side count of Aces needed. The nine counts as -.5 in halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Use the Halves Count to count the 9. No side count of Aces needed. The nine counts as -.5 in halves.
    Nine in the main count is not wise. The use of the nine as Tarzan's example has it as the most important "low card". Counting it with the high's will hurt in this endeavor. It hurts IC as does using an ace reckoned count. The downside of the 9 counted among the highs is far worse than the upside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12