Thread: Blackjack tournament frustration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blackjack tournament frustration

There have been so many tournament invites for me this year I can't go to all of them. I have read all of Gron's stuff and using his suggestions have been able to have anywhere from a 25% chance to advance, usually to the finals, to a 90+% chance to advance. The last tournament was a big one and I had a terrible round bet despite of being in 5th place way behind the leaders I had a 48% chance of advancing when the dealer played the final hand. I didn't make it again. Adding up the around 10 near misses I should have advanced at least a few times. That is both encouraging and very frustrating. My next one is a juicy one. Top prize isn't too large but very small field of invites that are pretty clueless judging by my previous participation in the tournament. You start in the semis. Hopefully this will be the one that brings some money my way this year. Like I said I have had over a 90% chance of cashing on the last hand of the round and 48%, 60+%, 45%, a number of times in the 25-35% range (total to 100% chance) and a few in the slim chance range on either side of 10% (total to a 30% chance). These all would have resulted in a cashing in by making the final table that payed all that made the finals or making the final table if it was a winner take all. The expectation totals 273%, meaning I should have made 2 or 3 final tables. I only had a few tournaments that I died quickly.

I would lie to thank Gron for his help. Hopefully the odds will come in line with expectation soon.
    Last edited by Three; 07-24-2014 at 01:18 PM.