Hello to All:

I am wondering if a Dealer ever reaches the end of the Shoe/Deck? The reason I am asking is because when I am practicing counting (using software) I am going all the way to the end of the shoe. Of course when I get really close to the end of the shoe (within 1/2 deck) the count starts to go pretty high. Wong mentions this in his book. For example, yesterday, I had a -1 RC at the end of the shoe and the software was giving me a -10 TC. Because I am new to CC I know enough to know it will happen but have not learned how to handle it. Mathematically this quick rise in TC in relation to RC has to be due to the rapid rise in the ratio due to the shrinking size of the remaining cards/shoe/deck (if this is not correct please correct me - please).

What I want to know is exactly how this is handled by others? I have been using 1/2 decks to calculate TC. Do I start using smaller fractions of decks to calculate TC once I reach a single 1/2 deck remaining? For example 1/4, 1/8 or 1/10 decks? And is this even a valid question? How often does a dealer reach the end of the shoe or deck? Do I need to worry about calculating TC down to the end if the dealer never gets there?

Thanks

Night_Rider