Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic strategy winrate in CV Data

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Basic strategy winrate in CV Data

Getting some unexpected results in CV Data.

When I run a multitracking sim for a Hi Lo player and 1 or more BS players, the BS players have a loss rate much less than expected, many times they have positive EV albeit small. For example, a BS player flat betting $25 units should lose around $12/100 rounds. In the above sim the results are a loss of less than $1/100 rounds to a win of as much as $2/100 rounds.

If I flat bet all the players including the Hi Lo player the loss is about as expected, around $10.50/100 rounds.

All rules and betting amounts are kept the same in both types of sims except for the Hi Lo player and I have repeated these results several times.

That may be but a difference in EV between sims for a flat betting player of $10/100 on a $25 unit is not inches its miles. And so it makes me skeptical of the results I'm getting for my game. Therein lies the rub.

Blog Entries

With the configuration open (not the results), go to Tools-Export, create and export file and email it to me. Your rules may be too good.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I just ran a 200 million round simulation on CV Data 6 deck 75% pen s17 ds ls rsa (Strip Rules)
    Standard Error for this simulation is 0.008%

Player 1 (High-Low All Indexes from +99 to -99) Flat Bet $100/round Sitting at 1st Base
    Edge -0.181% Standard Deviation 1.15 -$18.15 per 100 rounds

Player 2 (Basic Strategy Flat Bet $100/round (Center Spot))
    Edge -0.292% Standard Deviation 1.14 -$29.18 per 100 rounds

Player 3 (Basic Strategy Flat Bet $100/round (third base))
    Edge -0.282% Standard Deviation 1.14 -$28.23 per 100 rounds

I'd suggest you check to be sure all of your players are flat betting the same amount.
    Last edited by bigplayer; 04-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Let me ask this. I have the Hi Lo player wonging out TC -2 or less. Does this affect the other players? If the other players are wonging out then they could have the results I'm getting. When I run a canned sim using a play all Hi Lo player then I get results in line with what would be expected for the BS players.

Blog Entries

A player that wongs out will harm other players as they will be stuck with more low counts.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I'm running a fresh sim and will send it to you shortly. What I see is the other players are definitely sitting out more hands than the Hi Lo wonging player. This must be the reason for their results. They are hovering at just under a win of $2/80 rounds.
    Last edited by ohbehave; 04-30-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries

If a player is siting out hands, he's a counter.

You should have it now. Let me know what I've done wrong to make those players sit out.

Blog Entries

You have the Force shuffle on exit option on. This causes the dealer to shuffle whenever you wong-out. This means that the other players are experiencing a reverse preferential shuffle. Whenever the count goes down, the dealer shuffles.

Now where can I find THAT game???
    :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The men who succeed are the efficient few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves." ---Herbert Casson

Blog Entries

Did that once. SD game. They changed dealers on me. New dealer (later found out they called him their lucky dealer) shuffled every time I raised my bet. So, I raised my bet when the count went down. After a while they closed the table. Sounds clever, but I'm not sure this is a good move.

That's a great one!.....flat bet at 5 x min in neutral and plus counts then raise when count falls to force a shuffle. As soon as he shuffles you go back to your base bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The men who succeed are the efficient few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves." ---Herbert Casson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast