Quote Originally Posted by Fiestastation View Post
What confuses me is how the EV is actually calculated. Now, 3CP is a -EV game without promo chips. So is all of the EV of "good" hands calculated into the value of a promo chip?
You use real money on the good hands and save the FR or FS chips for the bad hands. Only the NC chips are used for good hands. If the dealer doesn't qualify you get the FS chip back but I believe (as I don't play this game) the non qualifying hand is a push for the play bet and the FR chip would be lost. Not sure about that one but the huge difference between FR and FS chip expectations would make this seem to be true.
Quote Originally Posted by Fiestastation View Post
In other words, I would not sit down and play a hand if I didn't have the promo chip....the promo chip "allows" me the chance to win +2 units against the dealer even when it just sits in my pocket....I assume the EV of those hands is calculated into the EV of the chip, but I'm not sure. Secondly, if my math is right, it will work out so that right around half of the time I make an ante bet (K9 or better), I will get a good enough hand to raise with cash. So, does the EV of the promo chip include the possibility of multiple cash plays up UNTIL I get the chance to play the chip correctly? Or is it EV of ~73% of the chip that "resets" after a cash play that excludes the chip? I'm actually not even sure that this question even makes sense, in terms of viewing EV properly.
I assume JG calculated all this into the value of the promo chips.

I saw a dealer flash a bottom card once and watched for a while but the dealer never did it again. I never had any promo chips to play but recently I have been invited to tournaments that pay the purse with promo chips. I need to know how to play $100K in promo chips and get the most out of them should I win or for that matter a few thousand in promo chips should I make the money cut so I have started to look into this. The key is how a tie is treated to make 3CP better play than a S17 LS 6-deck blackjack game. If in the event of a tie the chip is saved 3CP is the best play. Unfortunately as of yet I haven't had the chance to use this knowledge.