Thread: Smokey: Don, I just started doing

Smokey

Smokey: Don, I just started doing

something that was working for me. But, it didn't seem right so I want to stop it, while i'm ahead.
    So, you answered my first question.
    At 6 decks Don, what is the minimum spread I could live with, for it to work. (as far as you're concerned)?
    The spreads they are giving me in KO seem very high.
    I'm starting to think that these systems are not set up for black chip players.
    In KO they talk about a 1 to 10 spread for a 6 deck shoe. Don, can you see me jumping from $200 to $2000? They wouldn't let me into a concert in AC. There has to be an unobvious minimum spread that works with a 6 deck shoe.
    You know the east coast better then anyone. I'm not doing better then 6 decks. They have less in a couple of places, but they are almost cutting the decks in half.
    So, the question remains. What spread under these conditions can THE DON live with?
    Who else can I ask, where I would trust the answer? And this is very important for me.

Thank you,

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Don, I just started doing

> So, the question remains. What spread under
    > these conditions can THE DON live with?
    > Who else can I ask, where I would trust the
    > answer? And this is very important for me.

> Thank you,

It sounds as if you may not be back-counting, which is critical for playing shoes. If you do Wong, you don't need the large spreads that are always advocated for the play-all approach to shoes. I realize that Wonging in A.C. is made complicated by a) no mid-shoe entry at many games, and b) 6-decks games located mostly in the pits, where table-hopping is painfully obvious.

That said, you really should get a simulator, such as CVCX or BJRM (not technically a simulator) to see the effect of different spreads, rules, etc., on win rates.

With $190,000 of bank, spreading 1-8 with $200 units, you can win $260 per hour, using K-O and playing all. Is that acceptable to you? It really isn't a wide enough spread, but you asked for the numbers. 1-6 gives $178 per hour.

Hope this helps.

Don