• Completely remove

2 15.38%
  • I have a bridge for sale

2 15.38%

Thread: Links to bad sites

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Links to bad sites

We have had a policy of unlinking links to scam sites as it gives the sites a Google bonus and tends to legitimize the sites. For example, the recent posts to a site that sells a gibberish-filled ad for a $3,000+ CSM system. Note: the url's are NOT deleted. They are just unlinked. You can still get to the sites (for humor value) by copying and pasting the url. The policy is mainly aimed at the free forums. Comments are welcome.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

A link on how to beat a CSM would something to poke some fun at but you wouldn't want to promote or advocate it in any way to include giving them traffic. Do what you are already doing and put them in the yellow section for humor sake?

Yes, I agree that the links should be removed but the URL left for humor and information reasons. A lot of this stuff is so wrapped up in voodoo math and told as if it were true that it is a disservice to the public.

I provided some links to the CSM scam but with tongue in cheek comments. In future will provide url but not link it. I assume the reply editor will allow such.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    In future will provide url but not link it. I assume the reply editor will allow such.
    With the advanced editor, you can turn off "Automatically parse links". Or, just leave off the http and www.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse