Thread: Adjoining Rooms

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Adjoining Rooms

You ever get to a nice hotel for a week stay after an all-nighter, set out all your stuff and relax for a few hours before bed...then realize not only you have an adjoining room, but that you are stuck next to the loudest guy on the entire floor? And to prove to yourself that you're not wrong that he is the loudest moron on the entire floor, you walk the entire floor to see if anyone else is louder. So you call down to the front desk to find all rooms are sold out, and really regret taking that upgrade earlier in the day. So you march down to VIP and demand a room. And you get it, but then have to pack up all your stuff and unpack it again...and make sure to make some angry noise on the way out of your abandoned room.

Does anyone else have the policy of asking for non-adjoining rooms upon check-in that I recently adopted?

You, as a paying guest, are entitled to the best service possible. If they don't have a different room for you, they could at least comp you something. I've never been to a hotel where the Mgr did not try to make up for something going wrong.

Trying to talk the other guest into behaving is more of a challenge these days.

since we maintain strange hours....just call the room from a house phone - usually located near elevators - at odd hours....payback's a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseGuy View Post
    You, as a paying guest, are entitled to the best service possible. If they don't have a different room for you, they could at least comp you something. I've never been to a hotel where the Mgr did not try to make up for something going wrong.

Trying to talk the other guest into behaving is more of a challenge these days.
    I don't blame them for not comping me, they were sold out. Any schmo could call up and get a comp with phantom complaints. It was probably this moron's first time in a hotel that wasn't a motel 6. I'm specifically requesting no adjoining room everywhere I go from now on. I don't know why they would have them as standard, it's ridiculous.

Banned or Suspended

I have had a party evicted for the level of their unrelenting
    noise.

I have found that visits from hotel security suffices in
    most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

I have had a party evicted for the level of their unrelenting
    noise.

I have found that visits from hotel security suffices in
    most cases.
    This did not suffice at Monte Carlo; they weren't even adjoining rooms, just paper thin walls. Do not recommend that hotel, ever. Anyways, on this occasion, it wasn't a party. Just a loud, inconsiderate neighbor in addition to the ridiculous unsoundproofed doors. Not gonna call security to tell the neighbor to quit coughing uncontrollably.

Banned or Suspended

Then call the front desk and get yourself moved to another room

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Then call the front desk and get yourself moved to another room
    I did at Monte Carlo. As soon as I packed up my stuff, the party left. So I went back to my room...it was only a two night stay. At this new place, I did move immediately. I'm thinking nobody actually has a no adjoining rooms policy. Interesting.