See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: T3

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    My understanding was you didnt bet a column that is more rich thananother column.
    ?????? I'm not even sure what that means. Your shot at being profitable in that shitty Reno game is smacking down max bets when you get counts like the ones depicted. At a 1-2 spread you are playing a darn near break even game no matter what count you may be using, it is that bad.

moses,

I have not found many (any?) Tarzan posts here or on other AP websites by which he provides much detail on his bet spreading/ramping techniques.

If I am reading your posts correctly, and his comments about your need in Reno for a large bet spread when you experience advantageous TCs, it appears that his sharing of such detail might be of considerable benefit to you (you utilize an alternative method of card counting through column tracking), and others interested in learning more about the perceived strengths of his Tarzan Count.

Although Tarzan has not yet (?) printed/released his system, he has provided many posts here and elsewhere over the past few years explaining his counting method, and the superior information at hand by virtue of knowing the composition of the card groupings remaining to be played, I would cherish the opportunity to hear from him firsthand here, how he would bet the hand combinations moses listed, knowing the limitations of the Reno rules that moses endures. I suspect others would appreciate attending that lecture series as well.

So what say you Lord Greystroke?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

I was under the impression that Tarzan does not be large unless 10s are at ground zero.
    Friends don't let friends drink and type on forums.Hahaha "I was under the impression", "I think", "I believe" are all preludes to saying things that may be incorrect. I be large or I be small depending upon what the TC dictates I be, with the max be being just up to what I think is tolerable in the environment. For that game you are playing, you need to be dialed into some sort of optimal bet ramp and you seem a little fuzzy on this. You're scaring me. I would have to look at it much closer because of the d10 and no DAS to see what else can be done but I'd be tracking everything and come up with what appears to be an optimal betting ramp first and foremost. Go look at Don's charts for the game you are playing.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 03-02-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Okay. Tarzan count 8- 0- 2 means he has seen 8 more 2-5s than 6- 9s. He has also seen 2 more 10s than 6- 9s. Does this mean you are making a larger bet or staying close to a minimum because the deck is richest in 6- 9s?
    In an even distribution, RC+5.3, a positive count although there are a few surplus {6-9}. I am betting what the TC dictates I bet for the betting ramp I am using.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 03-02-2017 at 08:07 PM.

So Tarzan still puts more money on the table even though a deck could be more rich in middle cards than high cards.
    If you noticed his betting RC was a decimal. That is because it accounts for the middle cards.

Yes. Middle cards are counted as 1/3. So if a count is actually 6- 3- 0, Tarzan would calculate as 6- 1- 0 for BC. The beauty is he can still give the 6- 9s a full point for PE decisions. I'm not sure how he subdivides the middle into 2 groups without actually counting. How do you divide zero by 2? The total 89s and 67s represent half of the amount in the 25s and 10s in the beginning.
    So if a count is actually 6-3-0, Tarzan would calculate it as 6-3-0. There are multiple ways to break down the {6-9} grouping with all paths requiring counting, all paths leading to Rome. How do you come up with some of the stuff you say sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    all paths leading to Rome.
    Whilst in Rome, do as the Rumanians do.

Banned or Suspended

" ... He figures his tc then the rc is 6 + (3÷3) 1=7 correct?"

Correct !

I just wish that you would stop focusing on your B.C.
    as opposed to P.E. ~ more important in the SD games
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 04-19-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Banned or Suspended

" ... does EOR matter?"
    Your ordinary term E.O.R. means "Effect of Removal" as per your overall e.v. as to betting.
    You need to learn the E.O.R. (per ranks / hand matchup) when it comes to playing your cards.
    e.g. In S.D. BJ are you hitting a hand of 14 vs 10 when three 7's have already been played ?

Banned or Suspended

"Where else can they go?"
    Surely you jest !
    In (your) game you are lucky to be playing > 30 cards.
    There is plenty of room for deficit ranks behind the cut card.
    O T O H ~ cards that have been played are known to you.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Surely you jest !
    In (your) game you are lucky to be playing > 30 cards.
    There is plenty of room for deficit ranks behind the cut card.
    O T O H ~ cards that have been played are known to you.
    These never ending threads are a result of T3 and Flash imposing their will on Hi Opt II. EOR will never change. However, constant change proves historical. Wong Halves and Perfect Insurance is the best way to kee up with it all.

For a deeper understanding of the game see Moses Column Charts and Explanation.
    Last edited by moses; 10-06-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Banned or Suspended

So you are including 2's / 3's which are diametrically
    different from the 6's and 7's in this hand matchup
    ?

Banned or Suspended

Grouping the deuce (2) your way is counter-productive.

Dr. Gordon, the (late) unsung pioneering hero of BJ

proved that counting the 3 to 6 is NOT optimal at all.

2 to 5 is optimal; side_counting the middle cards 6-9

by group or individually is the most powerful way to go.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast