See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Burn Card/hand in/out

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Burn Card/hand in/out

Do you change your bet at all for dealer burn card when dealers change or when a hand comes in/out? I stay true to the true count and it seems like I have been losing in these situations. Thanks!

I just think of that single unseen burn card at dealer change as if the cut was one card less deep. I personally don't worry about a single unseen card.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Your count remains the same. Deck pen has dropped 1 card.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    Do you change your bet at all for dealer burn card when dealers change or when a hand comes in/out? I stay true to the true count and it seems like I have been losing in these situations. Thanks!
    This is voodoo. Get it out of your head. The true count is the only thing that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    This is voodoo. Get it out of your head. The true count is the only thing that's important.
    Agree. After an unseen burn card...would you just guess which way to adjust?

I look for “excuses” to raise or lower my bet. A dealer change is one: if I’m betting over table min and I don’t have an edge, I’ll drop to table min to “see how the new dealer does.”

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I look for “excuses” to raise or lower my bet. A dealer change is one: if I’m betting over table min and I don’t have an edge, I’ll drop to table min to “see how the new dealer does.”
    Or spread to 2 at an opportune time when someone else drops a spot - to maintain the flow of the cards.