See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Format Issues (NOT BJ related)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Posting Format Issues (NOT BJ related)

My problem: there is no vertical spacing between sentences when I post, even after hitting "return" several times. (here I hit return twice after the line above, and after this line). I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascent Norm View Post
    My problem: there is no vertical spacing between sentences when I post, even after hitting "return" several times. (here I hit return twice after the line above, and after this line). I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    And here I've replied to my own thread above. Before this sentence I hit return 3 times. (before this line I hit return twice.. it looks fine when I type it in, but after submitting reply it runs together).

And in this attempt I’ve typed this into word, (two returns pressed after this line) and then copied and pasted into the post (using the "Post Quick Reply" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascent Norm View Post
    And in this attempt I’ve typed this into word, (two returns pressed after this line) and then copied and pasted into the post (using the "Post Quick Reply" button.
    have you tried a carriage return???

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    have you tried a carriage return???
    My keyboard's "enter" is the only option, and it has the old arrow to the left signifying a carriage return. (I just hit it twice before this line). I believe they're the same on my keyboard, and it's not working.

Shift+enter?

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Shift+enter?
    Now I've changed from Mozilla to I.E.(two returns (normal) before this line).(and two "shift + enter" returns before this line).

This is the "advanced" reply, which allows me to preview the post.(two shift + enter before this line).(this time I hit two each "Fn + enter" before this line)... to no avail.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    One

Two

Three

Four

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Try Chrome. IE isn't even fully supported anymore. Chrome has a 63% share last I saw.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm.

I've loaded Chrome and am now responding.

(two enters before this line, and two enters afterwards).

Amazing that both Firefox and I.E. had the exact problem (no vertical spacing) when posting on this blog.

Blog Entries

I'm not having the problem with any browser. Perhaps old versions? Don't know. I use all three browsers. But, mostly Chrome.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm not having the problem with any browser. Perhaps old versions? Don't know. I use all three browsers. But, mostly Chrome.
    Very probable. Nonetheless, I've punted the other two (Firefox and I.E.) and have switched to Chrome thanks to this little ordeal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast