Thread: Online Blackjack Bonus Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Online Blackjack Bonus Question

Assume a 6 deck, S17, DAS, Spilt only once, One card on Aces, and No Surrender blackjack game. Shuffle after every hand. I am presently playing for a $1,000 bonus and not doing the best. The rules require the bonus plus your deposit to be played thru 10 times. ($1,000 deposit + $1,000 bonus = $2,000)
    Then if you play it on blackjack your play only counts at 20%. Bottom line is you have to run thru $100,000 to get the bonus.

I have already played 70% through on my way to the bonus, but I only have $1,400 left out of the $2,000 I started with. Does this seem unusual. I figure at $70,000 play-thru I should have lost only about $350 or about 0.5% house edge. Any insight to help me. I do have CVCX. any suggestions on how to best sim this.

By the way DraftKing in MI is offering a higher roller bonus. They will match deposit up to $20,000. I believe it has the same rules as above. It will require play of $2,000,000. but if my calculations are in the ball park. This has an expected value of $10,000 for the player. Any thoughts on this?

Expected loss ~$82 +/- $1100 (one standard deviation at $50 per hand) so 68% of the time your result will be between -1182 and +1018 playing 20K action. 1.1*SQRT of the number of hands * avg bet so 1.1*440*50 if bet size is $50. This is for BJ without the extra required play which I didn't catch right off. You'll need to recalculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigplayer; 06-05-2021 at 01:13 PM.

I'm not following you or you are not following me. My calculations give an expected value of $500 after you qualify for the $1,000 bonus.

Did you deposit $1,000 or $2,000?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Did you deposit $1,000 or $2,000?

Don
    I deposited $1,000 of my own money, but they immediately give you another $1,000 of their money to play with so you have a total of $2,000. However, you can't withdrawal any money until you play the bonus. You play with your own money first, but if you use that up you can continue to play on the bonus money until you meet the waging requirement. In this case you have to run though $100,000.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 06-05-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I deposited $1,000 of my own money, but they immediately give you another $1,000 of their moneyto play with so you have a total of $2,000. However, you can't withdrawal any money until you play the bonus. You play with your own money first, but if you use that up you can continue to play on the bonus money until you meet the waging requirement. In this case you have to run though $100,000.
    So now, we need your bet size.

Don

The loss that you experienced would be considered absolutely common. The s.d. is much larger than the $600 you lost.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    So now, we need your bet size.

Don
    I'm varying my bet anywhere between $10 and $30 mostly one hand at a time. Sometimes I mix it up and play two hands. I did make a few $50 bets but not many.

The good news is I'm back up to $1,600 and only have 15% to go.

Finally qualified for the bonus and cashed out. I actually made a come back and ended up with more than $2,000.