Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2020-2021 in the U.P.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Buy a bigger snow blower with your stimulus check.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Time to cheer 21forme up since he is feeling very deprived.

What a beautiful day for a walk in the woods. This is not my dog, but someone's dog who lives less than five miles from me. Notice there is only a little more than a foot of snow on the ground and a sunny sky which is pretty much unheard of in January.

Yes, 21forme you are now going deeper in the woods. Be careful you don't get lost, but no problem as you can always back track. Isn't the U.P. just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Isn't the U.P. just beautiful.
    Maybe to visit, but I sure wouldn't want to live there. What ever happened to you moving to St. George, UT, or at least wintering there? Now that you got your stimulus check, at my expense, you can afford it.

This is not my dog,
    Freightman knows what this clip will be before seeing it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Can't let the east coast folks think they are outdoing the U.P. Yep, we were having a real mild winter. Suddenly, all that changed on Feb 4th. Then we got dumped on by about a foot of system snow. Just one continuous lake effect storm since, with no let up for the last week. The last 7 days we got dumped on by 45 inches. I was hoping we wouldn't have to shovel the roof this year, but that plan is no longer possible. Looks like I will once again have to get an end loader in to move snow. I few days ago Amasa in the U.P. had a temp of -36 degrees, and that wasn't wind chill.
    http://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall-full.php

Anyway hoping BoSox and 21forme are up to their asses in snow. I am.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 02-10-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Midwest Player, 47 inches in a week that sounds horrible. I hope you are taking it a little easier this year as I do not want to see you get hurt.

Blog Entries

We like snow in NY -- as long as it doesn't land.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Here is what old man winter can do in the U.P. in just a week with non-stop snow!

First picture a week ago about 3 miles from me.

Snow 2-3-21.JPG

Second picture from today 2-11-21. Notice the large amount of snow on the roof from the first to second picture.

Snow 2-11-21.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 02-11-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Midwest Player, 47 inches in a week that sounds horrible. I hope you are taking it a little easier this year as I do not want to see you get hurt.
    Make that 51 inches after snowing for 8 days in a row.

Make that 51 inches after snowing for 8 days in a row.
    Have you ever considered going south for the winter? A lot of Michiganders in FL now.

Covid doesn't stop the MTU winter carnival. However, with all the restrictions this year, I don't think it was much fun. I remember it well even though it was over 50 years ago.

Notice all the snowmobiles in front of the parkview restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. Restaurants are suppose to be at 25% capacity. If all these folks are in the restaurant its probably over 25% capacity. On the other hand, maybe they are just making a piss stop, but no reason can't leave a piss in the woods.
    http://www.uarhosting.com/parkview/image.jpg

Pissing in the woods in your state can possibly get you put on the sex offender list for life. Don't get caught!

Covid doesn't stop the MTU winter carnival. However, with all the restrictions this year, I don't think it was much fun. I remember it well even though it was over 50 years ago.

Midwest Player, I forgot to thank you for always posting the great winter pictures year after year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast