See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BJA 3....I'm sick thinking of all the mistakes I made!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooking with cards View Post
    I just realized it probably doesn't matter what I reply......I am sorry if you really think I was rude, as that was never my intention! Here on out, I will observe only!
    Please I want you to fully participate as I enjoy your spunk. Little misinterpretations happen all the time among everyone on forums.

I definitely don't think I ever even alluded to me being close to being in the same category as Stanford Wong, or any of the greats!
    I started playing at the end of last year and I don't even want to know how much I could've lost if it weren't for positive variance. I am excited to get back to the tables (when possible) and kick some ass!
    I definitely am not! I did grow up playing cards so I'm comfortable with them, I can play almost any card game, whether it's Cribbage, Gin, poker, etc....I don't get nervous at the tables, even though I am usually the only female at the table, (not always) and guys always seem to think they're better poker players, right up until I start taking pots from them!
    After giving it some more thought, I had a change of heart.
    Cooking with cards, I hope when you get back to playing you do what you said "kick some ass" especially if you read some of the how to books while staying overnight in a holiday inn. Just not to bust your bubble not all of my posts in the thread were about you, why would they be? You seem to have all the answers anyway.

You want to be like all the regular members, well, welcome to the club. That is a compliment.
    Last edited by BoSox; 05-23-2020 at 07:36 AM.

"That is a compliment"...... Nice Jab!

"That is a compliment"...... Nice Jab!
    He really was complimenting you and I don’t believe his earlier post was directed towards you alone. Fact is that it’s always better to gain experience while learning and it’s a general statement.

"Especially if you read some of the how to books while staying overnight in a holiday inn"... I found nothing complimentary in that statement. I found nothing complimentary in anything he said to me, with the exception of him saying I had spunk.

"Especially if you read some of the how to books while staying overnight in a holiday inn"... I found nothing complimentary in that statement. I found nothing complimentary in anything he said to me, with the exception of him saying I had spunk.
    The point is that he was not addressing you in that post with anything negative.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The thread will wind up with 50 posts, and the last one will be what the weather is in whatever state the poster lives.
    I am taking the over.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    My point is that in general, studying and gaining experience simultaneously is better than studying. In my case, I simply did not have the motivation to put in the time for serious study....just learned from forums, archives and books Without ever using software, sims, practice, etc. So, the learning has been slow.
    Bottom line: Some people read the manual before tinkering. Others learn by tinkering. Personally, my entire life, I've read the manual! YMMV.

Don
    ZeeBabar, I just want to know after you go to the rest room and take a tinkle, when you return to the tables to play do you TINKER?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I am taking the over.
    Easy for you to say now!

But, kind of pathetic, huh?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    ZeeBabar, I just want to know after you go to the rest room and take a tinkle, when you return to the tables to play do you TINKER?
    Sometimes...

Sometimes...
    Okay, because I do not want someone putting words in your mouth like the new member has done to me.

Easy for you to say now!

But, kind of pathetic, huh?

Don
    Don, participating on these forums regularly is a real challenge for anyone.

Sometimes...
    Damn it. With you it has always been about the money management tinkering am I right?
    Just for once in your life play like your life is not on the line.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast