See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss Training

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyth View Post
    I know, he even posted twice when he said he might not. Ok, folks I get it. However I must say that if I am automatically classified as a troll for being a DP player, I find that to be quite a closed-minded view.Of course I am going to play differently when losses have occurred in my session and of course I am going to very seriously attempt to recover at least a significant portion of those losses in that session. I am a DP player and that is not going to change. Wow. So you guys accept a stop loss in just over half of your sessions? That is quite conservative. I have often considered such an approach with the main advantage being a lower bankroll requirement. Why do you guys do it?I am not here to educate anyone but if you folks find it not possible to help me in DP play, I understand. No harm, no foul. I will simply learn what I can when possible.Thanks for all the replies.
    Just can't believe this post! You're a Troll, bye!
    G Man

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post

What is a DP player?
    Ditto.

Decreasing pile ?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Visit UK-21's Degenerate Gamblers Pages - www.uk-21.org

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by UK-21 View Post
    Decreasing pile ?
    I'm thinking that the P must stand for "progression" (what else?!). So, I'm guessing Debilitating Progression.

Don't you just love it when newbies come here and then lecture us for being close-minded because we can't see the brilliance of their ways?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Reyth View Post
    Are you saying that we are expected to lose half of our sessions? I feel like you have misinterpreted my meaning with the word "win"?

Oh, I think you probably mean per "shuffled set of decks"?
    Of the over 7,000 sessions that I have detailed results from we won at about 60% of the SESSIONS. Almost all of those SESSIONS were played with positive counts skewed in our favor (BP call in at True 2) which promoted high variance.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Of the over 7,000 sessions that I have detailed results from we won at about 60% of the SESSIONS. Almost all of those SESSIONS were played with positive counts skewed in our favor (BP call in at True 2) which promoted high variance.
    Makes little sense to talk about what percentage of "sessions" anyone wins without defining how long a session is! Anyway, see BJA3, bottom of page 21, for some guidance.

Don

My definition is from first hand played until I either quit playing forever or I die. Whichever comes first.
    Last edited by ShipTheCookies; 04-19-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    My definition is from first hand played until I either quit playing forever or I die. Whichever comes first.
    Well, then, your (one) session win rate is 100%. But that isn't very helpful for this discussion, is it?

Don

Blog Entries

I think it is. Almost posted the same thing.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

No need to multi-quote about DP; I thought everyone would know that it stands for Disadvantage Player. I definitely ROFL'ed on D-Man's definition tho! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Almost all of those SESSIONS were played with positive counts skewed in our favor (BP call in at True 2) which promoted high variance.
    I don't understand how a positive count promotes high variance? Does this occur because the dealer is able to receive the advantageous cards too?

@Counting: Great post, thanks. I play like a robot up to a point but if I don't start adjusting to game conditions, I will simply get wiped out in the most severe sessions.

For example, I just had a session that ended with a win after 58 losses and 29 coups. I admit, I used positive variance to win and I require it. If I had tried to strong-arm that session, I would have lost my bankroll probably at least twice.

I agree with Norm & Cookies about personal permanence. Unfortunately, I have never had the discipline to apply a method that factors it in. I really need to start doing this for peace of mind.
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-19-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Well, then, your (one) session win rate is 100%. But that isn't very helpful for this discussion, is it?

Don
    There's no guarantee it'll be 100%. Might be 0%.

Some people gripe that they lost $30,000 this week, but are still miles ahead lifetime.

Point is, what happened today, tomorrow, or all week is irrelevant to lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    There's no guarantee it'll be 100%. Might be 0%.
    Not for an AP who is properly bankrolled. The probabilities point to 100%.

Don

Boo . . . yet another thread I've contributed to recently being unceremoniously consigned to the disadvantage forum. As I'm sure most here have noticed I don't make many postings to the forum anymore, largely as I no longer play BJ; in the UK exploitable shoe-dealt games are something that have largely been consigned to the history books, and for me it was never more than a challenge and a reason to keep the beads on my abacus from seizing up anyway. I responded to Reyth's original post as he's someone I've responded to on another forum before and out of curiosity - as for one moment I did think he'd had some sort of epiphany moment and was looking to make a major step change in his approach to tackling a different game of chance. Look's like he's still looking for that something that will get the variance fairy on his side?

As Reyth has stated that he's a "DP" (Disadvantage Player) and isn't looking to change that, I think there's precious little that can be said to assist him really - beyond learn to play perfect basic strategy and flat bet the table minimums (whatever that is) at all times. To my mind that really is about it?
    Last edited by UK-21; 04-20-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Visit UK-21's Degenerate Gamblers Pages - www.uk-21.org

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast