See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope No One is Traveling in Upper Midwest This Weekend

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    Would you please hire someone before you hurt yourself?
    No worries. He shovels the snow and then he uses it to ice down his ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    No worries. He shovels the snow and then he uses it to ice down his ribs.
    He comes in the house out of the cold and has a bowl of ice cream, which also happens to help his ribs internally.

Can you just melt your snow? Like build a fire and like use the heat to melt it so you don't have to have it hauled off? Like build a fire under a large metal drum with a spout near the base and like shovel the snow into the drum.

Sorry if it sounds stupid, I come from the land of perpetual sunshine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Can you just melt your snow? Like build a fire and like use the heat to melt it so you don't have to have it hauled off? Like build a fire under a large metal drum with a spout near the base and like shovel the snow into the drum.
    Then the snow melts, becomes water which pours out and freezes, becoming ice.

Snow is better than ice.

A better idea is to become a snowbird, and winter in Phoenix or Ft. Lauderdale. That's my retirement plan, anyhow. The older I get the more I hate the cold.

BoSox, how did that 2 inch per hour snow storm turn out for you that you were talking about. At least for right now it is not snowing where I am. Here is what it looks like in the U.P. right now. I had my roof shoveled once this year, and I'm thinking I might have to have it done again. Same goes for getting the end loader back a second time.

Anyway, here is video of someone I know who lives less than 5 miles from me. Notice the snow on his garage roof. The garage roof was already shoveled once this year.

Damn, the snow is really piling up.

twinlakes.jpg
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 08-13-2019 at 01:36 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Back in our day we used to walk to school 10 miles! I killed a polar bear when I was six with my notebook!!111!! And we were thankful!!

ETA: That's a lot of snow piled up!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Did i saw 6 ft? wtf ! . Never in my life had i saw 6 ft of snow . i saw 3 ft and that is already a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    BoSox, how did that 2 inch per hour snow storm turn out for you that you were talking about. At least for right now it is not snowing where I am. Here is what it looks like in the U.P. right now. I had my roof shoveled once this year, and I'm thinking I might have to have it done again. Same goes for getting the end loader back a second time.

Anyway, here is video of someone I know who lives less than 5 miles from me. Notice the snow on his garage roof. The garage roof was already shoveled once this year.

Damn, the snow is really piling up.

twinlakes.jpg

MWP, my storm quickly changed to sleet with only about 6 inches. Thanks for the video, I really feel for you living there, those accumulations that you regularly see is beyond my comprehension, but, I bet that there is no other place on earth you would rather be.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    Did i saw 6 ft? wtf ! . Never in my life had i saw 6 ft of snow . i saw 3 ft and that is already a lot
    Yes, that is the 6 foot mark. However, I think what is happening is they are snow blowing their path over by the snow depth gauge and then fresh snow comes on top of it. They may even have shoveled their roof and then snow blown it in the gauge direction. However, in less than 2 weeks we got hit by a couple of nasty storms. Yeah, 46 inches of snow since Feb 3rd.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 02-16-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    MWP, my storm quickly changed to sleet with only about 6 inches. Thanks for the video, I really feel for you living there, those accumulations that you regularly see is beyond my comprehension, but, I bet that there is no other place on earth you would rather be.
    Don't you know Paradise is in the U.P. of MI
    http://www.explorem123.com/five-view...sh-for-winter/

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    26 inches of snow in the last 6 days. It is just one continuous storm killing you a little at a time. Ever try shoveling with a cracked rib? To top matters off, I have to take the damn dog out 3 times a day, as the cold triggers my wife's asthma. Anyway, I got my roof shoveled just before this last storm started. Now I need to get an end loader to make room for more snow. Snow removal will cost me at least $1,200 this winter. Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Here is a chart for one of the snow belt regions in the U.P.
    http://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall2.php
    26 inches i think it not very strong storm , in my country plus 50 inches hihihi
    Last edited by klimbo; 02-19-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klimbo View Post
    26 inches i think it not very strong storm , in my country plus 50 inches hihihi
    Difference is when we get a storm the storm comes and dumps a couple feet of snow then the lake effect kicks in for a few days then the next storm comes along. From Feb 3rd to Feb 15th we got 51.5 inches of snow which was pretty much non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by klimbo View Post
    It is nothing to brag about !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast