See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2017

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You will never win a debate about the Patriots with Three (to his perspective), as he is simply a fan whose team(s) just couldn't get past the Patriots in the playoffs. Nothing more complicated than that.

Now, get him to admit that, and you maybe very well prove yourself to be the G.O.A.T. (See what I did there?) poster on this forum!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    What is the rule that said it is not legal to tape other teams practice??
    Seriously. You really are drinking the Patriots cooled. The press can't even tape practices without the teams permission. Why do you try to find loopholes in everything. The rules are there for a reason. Trying to weasel around the intent of the rules while not violating the letter of the rules shows very bad character and is never appreciated by anyone. Why do you even need these things explained to you. The Patriots are considered to have cheated against the Ravens when they reported the eligible players to the officials too late the week before the deflate gate game where everything hit the fan. There are two reasons you have to report. One is so the officials know the guy with that number is eligible. Two is so the defense also knows he is eligible. By reporting too late for the defense to be notified the Patriots gained an unfair advantage that the rule was designed to make sure they didn't have. Judges hate weasels that do this and often through the book at them. The league showed their distaste for such violation of the rules intent by changing the rule in the off season to make that illegal. That SB win should have a double asterisk as not only did the Patriots play for almost a decade with deflated footballs, but they wouldn't have even played in the deflate gate AFC championship game had they not violated at minimum the intent of the rules or a violation of rules depending on how you interpret the rule. The clear thing here is the Patriots want and systematically try to get an unfair advantage by violating the NFL rules. How can anyone respect or support a team like that? What kind of message are they sending their children and young NFL fans if it is tolerated? Don't we have a greater responsibility to society as a whole than the I don't care what my team does as long as they win attitude weaker minded people have?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    You will never win a debate about the Patriots with Three (to his perspective), as he is simply a fan whose team(s) just couldn't get past the Patriots in the playoffs. Nothing more complicated than that.

Now, get him to admit that, and you maybe very well prove yourself to be the G.O.A.T. (See what I did there?) poster on this forum!
    I can understand why he like the Philadelphia Eagles!! Because the players and coaches there are goofy guys like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Get real. Ask any Patriot what team they fear most in this century. Why do they fear them most? Because historically, in the games that matter, they beat the Patriots more than any other team does in the modern era of football. The Patriots are 2 wins and 2 losses against the Ravens in the playoffs with the Ravens outscoring the Pats 112 to 85. Considering the 2 Patriot wins only occurred because the Patriots cheated they should be 0 wins and 4 losses.

I can understand why he like the Philadelphia Eagles!! Because the players and coaches there are goofy guys like him.

Because even with Foles under center they looked like the better team. It turns out they are the better team. And it was decided by the QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Get real. Ask any Patriot what team they fear most in this century. Why do they fear them most? Because historically, in the games that matter, they beat the Patriots more than any other team does in the modern era of football. The Patriots are 2 wins and 2 losses against the Ravens in the playoffs with the Ravens outscoring the Pats 112 to 85. Considering the 2 Patriot wins only occurred because the Patriots cheated they should be 0 wins and 4 losses.
    I am guessing that you are talking about the Gaints. Which 2 Patriot wins are you talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Because even with Foles under center they looked like the better team. It turns out they are the better team. And it was decided by the QB play.
    The reason why Nick Foles look better is because the Eagles is "pleasuring" him. If you put pressure on Foles I can almost guaranteed his performance will go to the dust. By the way Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady in Superbowl 52. The Eagles scored more points but Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady. With Tom brady under pressure he was still able to perform that well and it is remarkable!! Imagine how he will perform if he NOT under pressure.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-13-2018 at 09:43 AM.

"The Eagles scored more points but Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady."

Surely correct. Foles's passer rating: 106.1. Brady's 115.4. (Unless by "outplay" Three meant Foles caught a pass and Brady didn't!! LOL!)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "The Eagles scored more points but Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady."

Surely correct. Foles's passer rating: 106.1. Brady's 115.4. (Unless by "outplay" Three meant Foles caught a pass and Brady didn't!! LOL!)

Don
    With a passer rating of 115.4 under pressure that is real good. I am wondering what Nick Foles' passer rating would be under pressure I am sure it will be under 106.1.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-13-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I am guessing that you are talking about the Gaints. Which 2 Patriot wins are you talking about.
    Now I am thinking you just aren't reading my posts at all. I said the Ravens. NYG are in the other league. Since 2000 the Patriots have lost 3 home playoff games. Two were against the Ravens, 2012 conference championship and 2009 Wild Card game, and the Pats lost one was against the Jets in 2010 Divisional round of the playoffs. The Pats are 1 win and 2 losses hosting the Ravens in the playoffs.

The Eagles scored more points but Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady. With Tom brady under pressure he was still able to perform that well and it is remarkable!! Imagine how he will perform if he NOT under pressure.
    I judge things by what I see. I saw Nick Foles hitting receivers in stride so they can maximize yards after catch, while I saw Brady multiple times under throwing deep receivers that were wide open for a TD causing them to literally stop and wait for the pass resulting in the receiver being tackled as soon as the ball was caught. I saw Nick Foles complete 66% of his passes to Brady's 57%. I saw Nick Foles catch a TD pass, while I saw Brady drop a pass that he would expect any receiver to catch while he was wide open. I saw Brady not see the pressure developing right in front of him causing him to be strip sacked instead of taking a step or two up and completing a pass, which ended up being the decisive play at the end of the game. Foles did throw an interception that wasn't his fault but it was like a punt giving the Pats the ball deep in their own territory. I saw Brady throw several balls that should have been intercepted but in each case the defender didn't make the grab.

I saw Brady's stats get padded as the Eagles were so far ahead they were giving the Pats short yardage. Even with padded stats Brady only completed 57% of his passes. As is often the case, even with bad QB's, when their team trails by one to two scores all day Brady put up monster total yards passing because the Pats had to be committed to throwing the ball and eventually the Eagles were giving him short to middle range passes. I saw the Eagles dominate in time of possession by 58% to 42% margin. That means the Eagles had the ball 40 percent longer than the Patriots did. I saw Brady have 11 drives and only 6 ended in points. That's only a 54.5% score to possession ratio. I saw the Eagles outscore the Patriots by 6 points in the first quarter, by 4 points in the second quarter, the Patriots picked up 7 of those points in the 3rd quarter but the Eagles outscored the Pats by 5 in the fourth quarter. I saw Brady unable to finish off the game or even score after taking the lead late in the game, while Nick Foles got it done.

If you want to ignore what your eyes saw and focus on stats you could say Brady held his own or even outperformed Foles, but if you believe what you saw Foles played a great game to compliment his team while Brady's performance and repeated shortcomings cost his team, that played well enough to win, the game.

How many pages in this thread can Three fill up when he could simply do a 1 sentence post, "I hate the Patriots, and Brady is overrated"???? Don't we all know that Three would be the G.O.A.T.?

Three has been hating the Pats and TB12 for years, and cannot admit that he is consumed with his vitriol.

How many paragraphs will this post elicit from Three?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

I don't see football as an individual game. It is more a team game than any other sport. In other sports a superstar can carry a team. In football even one weak link will kill a team. If you look at Brady individually and forget anything else about the game you can make a good argument that he played great. If you look at how well Brady complimented his teammates performances, or how his mistakes played out to affecting the team he played rather poorly. His weak arm for the deep ball, which made every deep ball thrown have the receiver slowing down or stopping to catch the ball, cost the Pats at least 14 points which would likely have resulted in a Patriot victory. His strip sack fumble that even slow QB's would have avoided cost the Patriots any hope of winning the game. Dropping a pass while wide open showed his lack of focus which was again displayed by not avoiding pressure he should have been able to see causing a strip sack. The blocker had position to protect Brady if he stepped up but not if he stood still. It didn't happen on Brady's blind side. Most rookies would have avoided the game killing strip sack. Brady's lack of performance on about a half dozen to dozen key plays cost the team the victory they could have easily had. Folks did what was necessary to compliment his teams play and get a victory. Folks didn't make any memorable mistakes. In my book that is the best a QB can do. Football is a team sport.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast