See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Norm, at least you are consistent.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Norm, at least you are consistent.

Today, 06:25 AM
    "Norm replied to a thread Intro in General Blackjack Forum
    Well, this thread has grown to 81 posts and everyone has had their chance. Thread closed and will be moved to Suggestions later today."

Well here we are dejavu all over again! The moderator certainly had plenty to say in the thread possibly more than anyone else, then closes the curtain, good job Norm.

Blog Entries

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Again, I have absolutely no idea what your complaint is. Most of the members would like to talk about AP subjects and not rehash the same stupid nonsense for years on end. Indeed, the OP didn't like bickering. But, you want me to enable additional bickering. You will never be happy with whatever I do. I guess I'll just have to bear that cross.
    Last edited by Norm; 09-16-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Most of the members would like to talk about AP subjects and not rehash the same stupid nonsense
    If that were true, the thread would die of attrition. Seems to me that members still had things to say...

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Nearly all the members were just joking around. Most of the posts were about a TV show. I have no idea why you keep talking about this. The rules are the rules. They aren't going to change. Bosox says I'm consistent. It is you guys that are broken records.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    If that were true, the thread would die of attrition. Seems to me that members still had things to say...
    Norm, you are the most active moderator ever. Some people like bickering, sort of like fights in a hockey game. Let them bicker. Forum members are smart enough to quit reading a particular thread when it moves away from the original question to a cat fight and then there are just the bickerers and you. Like a lot of forum members you should not be getting on every thread. Eventually, the thread dies.

Blog Entries

I don't even read most threads, much less enter them. And oddly, it is these very folks that seem to want me to enter every thread and criticize posts and/or cut off discussion that they don't like. In fact, that was what the OP criticized me for NOT doing. I do not control the conversation other than to react to member complaints that they are fucking sick and tired of the noise. Notice how one of the most respected posters here, BigPlayer, has NEVER involved himself in any of this crap. Now, does anyone have anything to say about AP? Because this is just boring serious players.

I do not understand all of this and I don't want to. Period.

Quoting Norm: "Now, does anyone have anything to say about AP? Because this is just boring serious players."

Yes, I do.............I wonder why there are not a pulchritude of BJ games all around the country that pay 3-2; have DAS; Stand 17; penetration 80% or better; Surrender (at least LS); RSA; and allow a spread of 1-20 without any heat. Is that TOO much to ask for?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Banned or Suspended

It is what it is. People are not likely to change. So you have to take it at face value. If somewhere along the way you find a way to add to your game, then You've won something. If not, then hopefully you had a good time along the way.

I really hope most people are not as serious at the tables as they are on the forum. If so, it might be time to find a hobby that is a little more fun. Life is too short. Loosin your shorts.

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My two cents: Other boards have a Social Page, or a Political Page, or a Health Page. I uniformly loathe all of them and never, ever participate in any. The problem with way too many of the threads here is that, eventually, one or more participants begin to behave like children. That is, they become tired of the topic at hand and feel obliged to change that topic, hijack the thread, and start discussing nonsense. It is 100% analogous to a child with an attention span of five minutes. Try to stay with the same task any longer, and he simply grows bored, quits, and instantly turns to a new toy.

Here's a novel thought: exercise some self-control. If you don't have anything meaningful or intelligent to say -- something that will further the CURRENT topic -- consider shutting the f**k up and allowing the thread to end. People using this forum for research, who begin a thread on a topic that interests them, must be infuriated by all of the consummate drivel that is interspersed with the solid information. It's unnecessary.

You guys are lucky I'm not the moderator here. Norm has infinitely more patience than I do. I'd blow away 90% of the shit (if I ever had the patience to read it in the first place), with the same disclaimer I had all the years at Don's Domain: "Posting here is a privilege, not a right. You have no expectation that what you write HAS to be accepted. Quite simply, if I think that what you've written is inappropriate, I reserve the right to take it down." And do you know what? I deleted maybe a half dozen posts over the entire life of the forum. Why? Because people knew from the outset that I wasn't going to tolerate any shit, and they kept to the task at hand: to discuss blackjack. The archives from that site reside here. Try to sample some threads and let me know what you think about the signal-to-noise ratio. Oh, that's right: THERE IS NO NOISE!!

Now, let's see how long it takes for this post to degenerate into what the f**k you had for breakfast this morning!

Don
    Last edited by Norm; 09-16-2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Requested edit

I think Norm should close the thread now and Don's post be etched in granite for posterity. Enough said there for sure.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries

Closed