Thread: 21forme: Question for Katarina (Index plays and composition-dep plays)

21forme

21forme: Question for Katarina (Index plays and composition-dep plays)

Katarina,
    Nice to see you back and answering questions.

Here's one more:
    Looking at player 10 v dealer 9 or A, assuming you've reached the count for doubling (-2 and -1, respectively) what if you have more than 2 cards? Do those become D3 (or D4) plays at the index?

Katarina Walker

Katarina Walker: I do D3 at the index, D4 at index plus 1.

> Nice to see you back and answering questions.
    Thanks. I finished my exams at uni on Thursday. The workload of the past few months was intense and I'm not so hot at multitasking.
    But I'm off on a playing trip tomorrow, so I won't be able to contribute any more until I come back. That will be a week or two at the most. My playing trips are longer than Blackjack players because I get to play with no heat, and I get 175 hands an hour. So it makes the playing process very comfortable.

>Do those become D3 (or D4) plays at the index?
    At the index, it becomes D3. It changes to D4 at the index plus +1. (This is an approximation - from memory, it is from a weighted average of all doubling hands. It is more than sufficient. See the section on "relative indices" in my book)

21forme

21forme: Re: I do D3 at the index, D4 at index plus 1.

>My playing trips
    > are longer than Blackjack players because I get to
    > play with no heat, and I get 175 hands an hour. So it
    > makes the playing process very comfortable.

Thanks for the info.

On the subject of hands per hour, the one discouraging thing I find with Sp21 is the S L O W rate of play. It seems the less experienced dealers get the SP21 tables where I play (AC), and also, all the ploppies playing Match the Dealer slow the play to a crawl at times. Heads up play is rare as the tables tend to be crowded.