Thread: fatcat519: SP21 vs BJ?

fatcat519

fatcat519: SP21 vs BJ?

I'm currently confined to playing 8-deck, S17,DOA,DAS, with $5-100 limits, regular blackjack with KO Full, and 75-80% pen.
    Is there anything to be gained by buying K. Walker's book and learning to play SP21 with the same limits, S17, no redouble? There is no heat involved in either game.

Aruuba

Aruuba: Re: SP21 vs BJ?

> I'm currently confined to playing 8-deck, S17,DOA,DAS,
    > with $5-100 limits, regular blackjack with KO Full,
    > and 75-80% pen.
    > Is there anything to be gained by buying K. Walker's
    > book and learning to play SP21 with the same limits,
    > S17, no redouble? There is no heat involved in either
    > game.

A table with only a 20-1 from min to max seems a little strange. Nice to know what sounds like the AC game exists outside AC.

Anyway, to answer your question it might depend on such things as whether and how many indexes you would use in SP21, whether you play-all or back-count or just wong-out at some TC. Win per hour could depend on heads-up vs full tables, spreading to multiple hands if possible, etc. 80% pen could be different than 75%.

Any chance you have any sim results for how you are currently playing and betting for 75% and/or 80% pen?
    I guess the only way I would know how to decide which is a better use of your bankroll would be to compare the freq, advantages and variances at each TC of what you are currently playing to the same information from her book.

Worst case, a $30 total loss to find out for sure.

fatcat519

fatcat519: Thanks for the answer

I do have CVCX sims for the way I play regular BJ. Sounds like the simplest answer is to buy the book and do a comparison along the lines you suggest.
    When I posted, I was thinking that maybe without the redouble rule the idea wasn't even worth pursuing.

Aruuba

Aruuba: Re: Thanks for the answer

> I do have CVCX sims for the way I play regular BJ.
    > Sounds like the simplest answer is to buy the book and
    > do a comparison along the lines you suggest.
    > When I posted, I was thinking that maybe without the
    > redouble rule the idea wasn't even worth pursuing.

You're welcome. Don't expect miracles.

H17 with no redouble kind of sucks but 8D S17 with no redouble is a better game than the 8D BJ game you mention from a BS point of view.

Anyway, sent you an e-mail.