Thread: MJ: Question for Don and Norm: CVCX Calculators

MJ

MJ: Question for Don and Norm: CVCX Calculators

For the ROR calculators and Goal calculator, wouldn't it be more practical to use a formula that takes resizing of the unit into consideration (to reset the k-f) once +/- 'x'% of the BR is gained/lost?

If a professional counter has a 100k BR and drops 20k, he most certainly would resize his unit to keep his risk in check. Conversely, if he won 20k he might increase the size of his unit to reset the k-f back to what it was originally.

Shouldn't these considerations alter the solutions provided in the ROR calculators? In particular, risk would be significantly lowered the more often you resize the unit. For the Goal calculator, I would imagine resizing more frequently would have the affect of giving the counter a better shot at achieving his goal.

I realize these formulas are complicated, but might it be possible to modify the calculators to take resizing of the unit into consideration every time +/- 'x'% of the BR is lost? It really does make a huge difference. I think most players forget that in the real world they will resize their unit at some point so the solutions given in the calculators (while correct) do not necessarily reflect real world considerations.

MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Prognostication is all of the time

CVData does have the ability to define changing betting ramps based on the current bankroll during a sim. And to calculate overall RoR including the effects of the changing ramps. But, I think this is a real stretch. You are trying to predict your future play, conditions and actions. If you see a very large change in your bankroll, you don?t simply halve or double your bets. There is a period of reevaluation which may include changes in strategy, locations, spread, cover, entry and exit points, etc that you cannot predict in advance. I don?t think it makes sense to try to predict long-term risk including future bankroll changes.

Blackjack in Color

MJ

MJ: Re: Prognostication is all of the time

> CVData does have the ability to define changing
    > betting ramps based on the current bankroll during a
    > sim. And to calculate overall RoR including the
    > effects of the changing ramps.

Can it also calculate overall chances of hitting a goal which take into account changing betting ramps based upon BR changes?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Prognostication is all of the time

Yes, with up to six betting ramps.

> Can it also calculate overall chances of hitting a
    > goal which take into account changing betting ramps
    > based upon BR changes?

Serious Blackjack Software