Thread: Brick: sp21?

Brick

Brick: sp21?

It seems another benefit of hitting the sp21 table, is it is more than apt to be a good cover act "Look at that chump,he's now going off on that carnival game". If I use the 18 indexs with regular 3/2 BJ basic strategy and a 1 to 10 optimal bet spread with 3/4 pen,will I still be able to gain a belittled advantage? If so,by how much? I know I should break down and buy the book,but i'm still a little apprehensive over the sp21 game.

Katarina Walker

Katarina Walker: Don't scare me!!!

>If I use the 18 indexs with regular 3/2 BJ
    > basic strategy

You can't use BJ basic strategy with SP21!!!!
    You need to use Spanish 21 basic strategy.
    You can't use BJ indices with SP21!!!
    You need to use SP21 indices.

There are no tens in Spanish 21, plus a player 21 always wins. Both of these have a similar effect: you hit more often, in fact, a lot more often. Plus there is forfeit after double, and double on any number of cards. You cannot use Blackjack BS for Spanish 21.

>I know I should break
    > down and buy the book,but i'm still a little
    > apprehensive over the sp21 game.

Well, you'll be VERY apprehensive if you play SP21 using BJ strategy, because, you will lose. It's just a question of how long it will take for you to lose all your money.

If you don't want to buy the book, at the very least, go to the Wizard of Odds and memorise the Spanish 21 Basic Strategy for your rules (there are 3 different rule sets). And if you are going to use Hi-Lo, you need to start your running count at -4n, where n = number of decks.
    Indices will more than double your win rate, but they are available only in my book.

Brick

Brick: Re: Don't scare me!!!

I'm aware that basic strategy is different from BJ and the tens are removed from sp21 and tc starts at -4. My idea was to appear as if i'm a total chump,(dumbxxs)for cover purposes only, and possibly eke out a break even game, or gain a little ev. Thanks for saving me from going broke,hee,hee!