Thread: The Jack of Black Jack: Indices ? for Don

The Jack of Black Jack

The Jack of Black Jack: Indices ? for Don

I have read an article with a study that claimed that indices can be employed in clumps.

Example - instead of every indice being used at TC 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

They could be employed at the intervals of 1,3,5 TC etc. and you would get virtually the same results?

Though I respect the author I have a hard time agreeing.

Also it seems to be little difference between learning a indice to be employed at 3 or 4. You still have to learn the indice.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for your time

Don
    Formerly hunch back of black jack but I still have my lumps so I am in disguise. You just about "ran my halves" out of town. LOL

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Indices ? for Don

> I have read an article with a study that claimed that
    > indices can be employed in clumps.

> Example - instead of every indice [index] being used at TC
    > 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

> They could be employed at the intervals of 1,3,5 TC
    > etc. and you would get virtually the same results?

People are always looking for shortcuts to learning. The theory here is that learning only half of the actual different numbers, as opposed to all of them, makes it easier to catalog them all in your brain. To each his own. I have never needed such simplifications, but maybe some people find value in this kind of thing.

> Though I respect the author I have a hard time
    > agreeing.

No comment! :-)

> Also it seems to be little difference between learning
    > a indice to be employed at 3 or 4. You still have to
    > learn the indice.

> Your thoughts?

See above. There will be little harm to your bottom line if some of your indices are "off" by one. Many studies have shown that using an index that differs from "perfect" by one doesn't change your e.v. by any appreciable amount. That said, and as you mention above, you have to learn them anyway, so why not learn the right ones?

> Thanks for your time

You're welcome.

> Formerly hunch back of black jack but I still have my
    > lumps so I am in disguise. You just about "ran my
    > halves" out of town. LOL

No, you don't have to hide! :-)

Don